Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried posting this in 'Tech' and got no replies. Hoping someone here has tried this software with the 09-12 Monsters.

So, Im not having a lot of luck with Tuneboy. Hopefully someone can help get me sorted.

Ive used a lot of tuning software over the years, and for whatever reason, Tuneboy has me baffled. I am trying to work on a Contitech ECU in a Monster 1100.

I can connect to the ECU (with one of the 3 apps that they have) and can see the ECU serial number.

I am not able to access the existing map on the ECU, or rather, I have no idea how to do this.
Tuneboy 'support' has been less than helpful.

Does anyone have a decent process document for this thing?

How do I connect to the ECU and save the existing map? That alone would be a great start.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
See the part in bold. You must download the latest of these or it won't work ...

No idea if this will help you, but here are my personal notes from my latest TuneBoy adventure. It might be easier to launch an ICBM. Actually, come to think of it, I'm certain it's easier to launch an ICBM. If I ever get another bike, I doubt I'll have the stamina to install TuneBoy on it. Too much work.

Remember this software is fickle so it may take a couple of different tries, unplugging this or that in a different order, but eventually you always get there. See your YouTube bookmark.
If doing first or lengthy install, pull the headlight light fuse to save the battery. It’s the 1st one in row closest to front of bike on my 2012 MTS.
Notes for upgrading to latest TuneBoy software and Tune/Maps and Trim …
Under Section 4 - Installing The First Map of the TuneBoy Mitsubishi Documentation instructions, you essentially skip steps 7 - 21 because you did those in setting up your earlier version.
Under Downloads on the TuneBoy website, download the latest …
1. TuneBoy software version (becomes FlashMitsubishi and TuneBoy Trim),
2. WB01_Update file (becomes WB01 Find) and
3. Tune/Map folder. You use MTS1200_2010_to_12_CruiseAndTune_V6_7dTune.dat.
4. Trim folder. You use MTS1200_Gen1_QD_WithDBKillers_V6.TRM.
Transfer to laptop with memory stick.
Connect the WB01 WiFi Box’s USB cable to the laptop to power up the WB01. Do NOT connect the WB01 to the bike at this point.
Right click on the WB01 Find icon and run as Administrator.
Connect the WB01 to the bike.
Turn on ignition. Do not start bike.
Disconnect WB01 WiFi Box’s USB cable from the laptop if you want to use WiFi which is safer. The USB cable causes interference with the WiFi. You will damage the laptop if you inadvertently start the bike and the USB cable is still connected.
Right click on the FlashMitsubishi icon and run as Administrator. Select the latest Tune/Map you downloaded. Select the latest Trim that you downloaded (or created in TuneBoyTrim and saved that you will never do.) Choose Reflash ECU. Exit.
Turn ignition off. Wait 30 seconds. Turn ignition on. The latest Tune/Map and Trim should be loaded.
Notes for using TuneBoyTrim to turn off the Service/Oil Indicators, install Quick Shifter, add Trim Files, etc …
Connect the WB01 to the bike.
Turn on ignition. Do NOT start bike.
Disconnect WB01 WiFi Box’s USB cable from the laptop if you want to use WiFi which is safer. The USB cable causes interference with the WiFi. You will damage the laptop if you inadvertently start the bike and the USB cable is still connected.
To turn off the Service/Oil Indicator, right click the TuneBoyTrim icon and run as Administrator.
If in lower left “Reading ECU” gets stalled or you get “Serial port Error”, disconnect the WB01 and start again. You want to see “Get Running Data” in lower left.
Follow the TuneBoy Mitsubishi Documentation instructions from here.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
the tuneboy may not be able to read the conti ecu. the tools i have can't. the mitsubishi is different.
It should because the Siemens Contitech ECU is listed for the OP's bike on TB's website. Unless TB sent him the wrong product, it should work.

It won't - or at least not until one has made 1.75 million attempts - but it should work. LOL

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, guys.

They have a version specifically for the Conti ECU, and I can connect to it and see the serial number and stuff- just cant actually read the map or save it.
I'll try doing it with WiFi only and see if that makes a difference.

Using EFILive, HP Tuners, Holly, MagMar, MOTEC, MaxxECU, Nemesis, etc has all been easier. It's got me baffled.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Thanks, guys.

They have a version specifically for the Conti ECU, and I can connect to it and see the serial number and stuff- just cant actually read the map or save it.
that is my experience with the conti ecu specifically with the couple of different tools i have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts