Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a tune and cruise kit for my 2013 multi S the software disc was blank , so i was emailed the latest ? finally got around to trying the install and after was completed the bike wouldnt stay running engine light on and says unknown device installed , keep messing with it and was prompted to enter my password and reflashed again bike will now start and stay running but throttle does nothing and bike smells extremely rich. the files i have say 2010 multistrada idk im over my head here i guess.. just wanted the cruise for now, and now i cant use my bike can i fix this? can i revert it back to standard i leave for a big trip sat so im freaking out since ive been planning this for almost a year HELP please

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
PM me so I can get you the right files. Sounds like you put on the 2010 stuff on the bike instead of the 13.

Should be easy to fix.

i have a tune and cruise kit for my 2013 multi S the software disc was blank , so i was emailed the latest ? finally got around to trying the install and after was completed the bike wouldnt stay running engine light on and says unknown device installed , keep messing with it and was prompted to enter my password and reflashed again bike will now start and stay running but throttle does nothing and bike smells extremely rich. the files i have say 2010 multistrada idk im over my head here i guess.. just wanted the cruise for now, and now i cant use my bike can i fix this? can i revert it back to standard i leave for a big trip sat so im freaking out since ive been planning this for almost a year HELP please

·
Registered
153 Posts
Okay, so I have a clear day - full charged laptop and everything I need (I think).

I have followed the instructions in the documentation, Section 4. I have connected the WB-01, flashed the ECU, loaded the Tune File, turned off the MTS for more than 30 seconds, and got to step 11.

At step 11, you start the flash program and get the "Key generation" dialogue box - this is the one with the ECU Serial Number, Key (set at 0) and the option to Generate key view internet. The instructions say, at this point, to click "Cancel" and exit the program (step 12). I did this.

Next (steps 13 & 14), it says to turn off the motorcycle and disconnect the WB-01 from the motor cycle, and restart the program and "the "Key Generation" popup screen shown above will be displayed again" - it doesn't! I just get the standard screen - what next?

Do I reconnect the bike and enter the user ID and Password with the bike connected?

Stuck!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Next (steps 13 & 14), it says to turn off the motorcycle and disconnect the WB-01 from the motor cycle, and restart the program and "the "Key Generation" popup screen shown above will be displayed again" - it doesn't! I just get the standard screen - what next?

Do I reconnect the bike and enter the user ID and Password with the bike connected?

Stuck!
Ok, Kiwi Straddler, let me try and help, sounds like you are ok up to Step 12 and Step 13.

So next, make sure you disconnect the WB01 from the Bike (go back into the house then away from the bike). Then for Step 14 to work you have to make sure your Laptop is connected to the Internet (from your description this is your sticking point). Once connected to the Internet then try opening up the Flash Mitsubishi again and I think the Key generation box will pop up.

Then just enter the USER ID and PASSWORD that Emma from TB emailed to you when you purchased the kit. You should progress to Step 16 then and the Key should pop up on your screen, just write it down.

Proceed withe Step 17 shut Flash Mitsubishi and go and connect your WB01 and laptop to the bike again. You should be ok to continue with the next steps.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thanks Aus Eclipse - that worked perfectly. I installed the Termi map (I have the SC-Projects pipes) - not that different; better, but not markedly. I will try the MIVV map Wayne provided to see if that improves things.

I also have the nudge buttons (pretty crap installation instructions). I took the opportunity to instal my new Evo bars (look great!).

So, tell me - is there an easy way to feed the cable under the fuel tank without taking all the fairs off? And where to I find the rear vertical O2 connection? I've removed the seat (obviously), but can't immediately spot the O2 sensor connection.

Any help out there?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
57 Posts
So, tell me - is there an easy way to feed the cable under the fuel tank without taking all the fairs off? And where to I find the rear vertical O2 connection? I've removed the seat (obviously), but can't immediately spot the O2 sensor connection.
Straddler, I think you are talking about the O2 plug for your Cruise Nudge buttons. I don't have the Nudge buttons (just the standard Cruise pushing the start button is fine for me). But I have a file that shows the location of the O2 connections on the Multi maybe that will help.

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yes, that's what I'm looking for - it's just not really clear where in there the plug is. I've looked at every wire and lifted every cap (lots of fuses) looking for something that fits. Ran out of light, so I'll try again today.

I did wonder if the O2 sensor had been removed with the stock exhaust. I'll have a look in the box that came back from the dealer.

Has anyone run the cable back from the handlebars under the tank? Any suggestions on an easy way to do this?

After fooling around trying to find the "documentation" (it wasn't anywhere near where it was supposed to be, which is probably a Mac thing), I found the instructions very good if you read them and follow them step by step. There was the odd moment (like when my internet connection failed and I didn't get the key generation), but otherwise it went very smoothly.

Re-flashing the ECU on a brand new and (face it) expensive bike is daunting. At one stage I couldn't get a connection to the bike quickly enough (loading the tuning map) and the bike would keep powering off half way through, but if you keep your head, ignore the error message on your dead bike, and go back a step, it all seems to work!

Well done Wayne, and Emma at TuneBoy! Once I get the nudge buttons sorted, I will experiment further (and thanks also to Belgiumexpat and Aus Eclipse for the help and encouragement).

Cheers
John

·
Registered
153 Posts
Found it! Under the ECU connection, it has a green concertina seal around it.

Got everything fitted - I did have to undo the fairing to feed the cable around the petrol tank. Couldn't get the buttons to work. I found the setting in TuneTrim, but the configuration options were different to what is in the manual (I had to set a pressure value between 30 and -30, I randomly set 10), but there were no further instructions on how to upload the setting to the bike. I tried reflash, but that just gave another error message.

I did run the cruise pre-flight. For some reason the program does not pick up the operation of the clutch.

Went for a test ride anyway. Cruise works well, doesn't turn off with the clutch (have to touch the brake first) and nudge buttons don't work.

Was out on the highway when the bike stopped, red oil light on again. Oil full. Free-wheeled into a shopping centre, and called Ducati Roadside Assist. Recovery truck coming to pick up the bike, but not me, apparently. Nice touch leaving me on the side of the road.

Not a great day, but at least I've made some progress, I guess.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I did run the cruise pre-flight. For some reason the program does not pick up the operation of the clutch.

Went for a test ride anyway. Cruise works well, doesn't turn off with the clutch (have to touch the brake first) and nudge buttons don't work.

Straddler, I have heard this Clutch not turning off Cruise story once before. In that case it was this. For front and back brake you just touch them even lightly and the cruise will turn off.

But with the Clutch you have to fully engage the Clutch (ie pull the lever right in). It might not be your issue, but give it a try anyway.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Found it! Under the ECU connection, it has a green concertina seal around it.

Got everything fitted - I did have to undo the fairing to feed the cable around the petrol tank. Couldn't get the buttons to work. I found the setting in TuneTrim, but the configuration options were different to what is in the manual (I had to set a pressure value between 30 and -30, I randomly set 10), but there were no further instructions on how to upload the setting to the bike. I tried reflash, but that just gave another error message.

Was out on the highway when the bike stopped, red oil light on again. Oil full. Free-wheeled into a shopping centre, and called Ducati Roadside Assist. Recovery truck coming to pick up the bike, but not me, apparently. Nice touch leaving me on the side of the road.

Not a great day, but at least I've made some progress, I guess.

dont flash the bike to make tbe tools/config options stick.
in fact, flashing will have the opposite effect and set these values back to default.

just turn the bike on.
connect connect with tuneboytrim
let tuneboytrim read the tables... see status in lower left of screen.
make the changes and click ok
tuneboytrim will say. config flag set. or something like that on the bottom right of the window.
exit tuneboytrim.
thats all there is to it ....

if you want to check, then start tuneboytrim again, let it read the tables, and then go check ....

important to use the same version of tuneboytrim that came with your tune file.

·
Registered
805 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thank you all for the help. The bike is back at the service centre tomorrow - faulty oil pump/pressure (I don't know what - oil in the reservoir, but the engine shuts off with the oil light on) and fuel gauge replacement.

When I get it back, I'll try the MIVV map and I'll have another go at the cruise control. It actually worked well, but the clutch was alarming and I'd like to get the buttons working.

Does anyone know what the value is (should be) on the config dialogue box? It's not in the instructions.

Cheers
John

·
All weather biker
965 Posts
T

Does anyone know what the value is (should be) on the config dialogue box? It's not in the instructions.
Pop over to the quick shift thread, download the v4 from the linke TuneBoy posted there, install and go into the folder it puts on the desktop.

Along with the notes posted in the thread you will find a very nicely updated documentation file in that folder and the new software has a slider with a "default" line in it so you don't get the numbers backwards etc.

After you have it installed and set the appropriate tick boxes for nudge etc, and observed the "config set" message, you should be good to go. The v4 code is a very nice update too. :)

·
Registered
805 Posts
Thank you all for the help. The bike is back at the service centre tomorrow - faulty oil pump/pressure (I don't know what - oil in the reservoir, but the engine shuts off with the oil light on) and fuel gauge replacement.

When I get it back, I'll try the MIVV map and I'll have another go at the cruise control. It actually worked well, but the clutch was alarming and I'd like to get the buttons working.

Cheers
John

if youre not using tbe quickshifter you can set both blip and kill pressure to 0.
if you do have the QS installed use lowish values like -4 for kill and 4 for blip.

especially if using the V4 update.

as for clutch I wonder if your clutch switch isnt working.
look up, underneath your clutch lever and you will see a micro switch there. you can operate it with yoyr finger without pulling the clutch lever. try the preflight test again, but action the swutch with yiur finger. yiu should be abke to hear it click as you press it on and release it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pretty basic Tuneboy question.

I wonder if somebody with a Tuneboy could confirm something for me please?

After uploading a TB map and/or trim to you MTS ECU, you do still have the four riding modes available and operational don't you?

Sorry if a dumb question.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the tuneboy, it came with my 2013, but haven't tried it yet. Is it possible to test the brake, clutch, kickstand switches with the program?
Wheels,
I've only had my Tuneboy for a week or two, so I may be mistaken but on the "cruise control/ Tuning" program I ordered, a program is included with the software labelled "cruise control test flight" which will allow you to test your clutch and brake sensors. But I don't think the Tuneboy offers a test for the side stand sensor. Hope that helps

1 - 20 of 188 Posts