Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me the exact procedure for activating/setting/clearing the Tuneboy cruise system on a 2013 Multi? I know it's on the starter switch, but as that also controls the heated grips I'm confused as to how this works.

Also, what switch is used for the nudge up/down if I buy the $399 and $599 system?

Thanks

·
All weather biker
965 Posts
Can someone tell me the exact procedure for activating/setting/clearing the Tuneboy cruise system on a 2013 Multi? I know it's on the starter switch, but as that also controls the heated grips I'm confused as to how this works.

Also, what switch is used for the nudge up/down if I buy the $399 and $599 system?

Thanks
You connect an additional switch (which you can order as an option) to one of the O2 sensors, it will disable the O2 sensors too.

My "full system" has shipped so I hope to have it soon.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Activate. Hold the starter in for 4 seconds. Bike running. No clutch. No brake.

Set. Press starter when at desited speed.

Clear. Pull clutch or use brakes.

Heated grips.
CC not active. Use as normal.
CC active. Pull clutch. Set grips. Then set speed again.

Its that simple.

Cheers.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Heated grips.

Its that simple.

Cheers.

Awesome...one more question?

It seemed like I read that if you buy the $600 unit that it used existing OEM switch gear for the nudgeup/down function. Is that correct?

Thanks!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Awesome...one more question?

It seemed like I read that if you buy the $600 unit that it used existing OEM switch gear for the nudgeup/down function. Is that correct?

Thanks!
No, you need to install extra buttons (and that is easy to do).

·
Super Moderator
5,375 Posts

Heated grips.

Its that simple.

Cheers.

Thank you! very clear.

·
Premium Member
12,188 Posts
All the bugs are worked out of the system time to BUY!!!

What could go wrong???

Where da hell is my Amex card...

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
No, you need to install extra buttons (and that is easy to do).
Ah, OK...I didn't see anything on their site about extra buttons being available. Looks like they had a group buy thing in Feb where they were offering the buttons wired up, but now there's nothing on their site. Do we just get them from TrailTech? If so where to source the connector?

thanks

·
Registered
405 Posts
Ah, OK...I didn't see anything on their site about extra buttons being available. Looks like they had a group buy thing in Feb where they were offering the buttons wired up, but now there's nothing on their site. Do we just get them from TrailTech? If so where to source the connector?

thanks
E-mail tuneboy- they will wire up a switch for you and ship it. Best to order the entire setup at once- like I didn't :mad:

·
Registered
457 Posts
Question, if I was to get the cruise only package how does that effect the warranty or dealer service?

If the dealer loads new software does it over write the tune boy files? Can the dealer actually see you have messed with the ecu? Do you need to reload the factory setup before service?

I want cruise, but I leery of completely walking away from my warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
Question, if I was to get the cruise only package how does that effect the warranty or dealer service?

If the dealer loads new software does it over write the tune boy files? Can the dealer actually see you have messed with the ecu? Do you need to reload the factory setup before service?

You can re-flash back to standard whenever you want.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Can the dealer actually see you have messed with the ecu? Do you need to reload the factory setup before service?

I can't speak for Ducati, when you flash a CPU there are usually several things that leave a trace behind that this was done. The simplest is a erase/flash "counter" that indicates how many times the flash memory has been erased and written to. The Magnuson-Moss act Magnuson allows that if a manufacturer tries to deny warranty due to something the user did, they have to be able to prove that what the user did could damage the product. That's pretty hard to prove so there are protections on your side.

Best to ask a Ducati tech or Ducati NA what their position is on flashing the ECU. Companies like Ford are now putting language in their warranties regarding flashing in an effort to reduce warranty claims

·
Registered
457 Posts
Best to ask a Ducati tech or Ducati NA what their position is on flashing the ECU. Companies like Ford are now putting language in their warranties regarding flashing in an effort to reduce warranty claims
When I was shopping for my new Multi, I did actually ask the dealer service tech about this. They seemed very eager to assist in doing a custom engine map tune for an aftermarket exhaust.

But when I asked about Tuneboy's cruise software they literally said "not only no, but hell no."

I asked if it was all about liability on their part, and they said there was much more too it than that. I never got a clear explanation why tuning the ecu was a.ok, but cruise software was off the table.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When I was shopping for my new Multi, I did actually ask the dealer service tech about this. They seemed very eager to assist in doing a custom engine map tune for an aftermarket exhaust.

But when I asked about Tuneboy's cruise software they literally said "not only no, but hell no."

I asked if it was all about liability on their part, and they said there was much more too it than that. I never got a clear explanation why tuning the ecu was a.ok, but cruise software was off the table.
Erring on the side of caution. I wouldn't want to install a non factory certified device that controls the throttle on a 150 HP motorcycle either!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Erring on the side of caution. I wouldn't want to install a non factory certified device that controls the throttle on a 150 HP motorcycle either!
I get that, that is why I asked if it was a liability issue.

As long as the bike still has a mechanical clutch, I figure you are fairly safe.

I am going to assume most motorcyclists are not like a lot of clueless Toyota drivers (referencing the unintended acceleration debacle)

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I get that, that is why I asked if it was a liability issue.

As long as the bike still has a mechanical clutch, I figure you are fairly safe.

I am going to assume most motorcyclists are not like a lot of clueless Toyota drivers (referencing the unintended acceleration debacle)
I have never understood why those people didn't pop the car into neutral or turn the key one click.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts