Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying the TuneBoy ECU software for use with my MTS 1200.

Before I do I'm trying to confirm if its usable with the MTS 1200 ECU, can anyone confrim this and also if possible advise their thoughts on its capabilities please?

The Tune Edit program looks quite good, also they have a dash program to alter a few things including the Lambda's, RPM limit, TPS reset ++

TuneBoy - Engine Management Systems

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
AllaHat. Sadly there is not much the 'end user' can do with the Mitsubishi ECU...search here....there are 1000's of related posts. Nick

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont quite agree... not just yet anyway.

I downloaded the TuneBoy for Ducati's from TuneBoy - Engine Management Systems and notice this application comes with various map files for Ducati's, one of which is for the Multistrada!

I also read where someone has used this software with great success on a Multi. I've emailed the Australian distributor to find out more but still awaiting feedback - stay tuned.....

·
Registered
836 Posts
I think the designer of tuneboy has written code for Cruise Control for the Multi12, he also has tuned one, so yes he has map files. You may be a little early, but if it can be adapted, Wayne will figure it out.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I received the below reply from TuneBoy today...

We will have some new software for this model very soon. You will be able to create and load a trim map, turn off O2, reset error codes and
add cruise control.

Excellent news.. not sure of a release date, they didn't say and best we don't rush them anyway. I'm now holding off buying any competitor product.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Very cool. I hope they get this out sooner than later.

Webby

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
TuneBoy says "You will be able to create and load a trim map". Very interesting, I look forward to see the full details of this when they are published...sounds like we may all get a new toy for Christmas!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Tune Boy replied to me 'by return'. I am still sceptical...but let's wait and see what it can actually do. I did ask them if they had a full 'tech spec' yet....didn't get an answer to that one. The inference is that you can actually edit (and load new) tables directly into the Mitsubishi ECU...dangerous stuff!!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
My Ducati dealer here says they are happy with the PCV added (and the bike tuned) if done by one or two of the dyno guys they work with here. Good. But you can't blame Ducati for creating warranty 'issues' if people start fiddling with the fueling and ignition timing. As they say....a little knowledge is a dangerous thing....and most of us (including me) only have a little knowledge when it comes to messing with all that is in the Mitsubishi ECU....so yes...I stick to what I said....dangerous!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
... for you maybe
ok I'd better rephrase that then... for some maybe

Nobody here is twisting your arm, just as I do you've the choice to do whatever you like with your bike, and if that means taking warranty into account or not, we all still have the choice.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I think the designer of tuneboy has written code for Cruise Control for the Multi12, he also has tuned one, so yes he has map files. You may be a little early, but if it can be adapted, Wayne will figure it out.
The same dude who's been talking about the CC on here is the creator of TuneBoy? That's pretty cool...and I guess I'll need to sit on my hands waiting for this capability!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Im not sure how far off it is from being ready for release...
but I have seen it, with my own eyes, and at work on my bike.

All pun intended...stay "tuned" !

·
Registered
27 Posts
Auto canceling turn signal..

I hope the Tune-boy can reset the 50 MPH shut off of the auto canceling turn signal . Sure seems dumb.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Ben...I agree that 50mph cut off for the indicator auto-cancel seems daft...someone somehwere did post some logic behind that...but I can't find that post and I agree, it seems ratehr silly....but let's not delay Tune Boy for that feature !! I hope they hurry up for their MTS 1200 version!!!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
latest update on the TuneBoy for MTS 1200 owners...

Once the correct map with the cruise control feature has been loaded you simply push the starter button for 3 seconds whilst the bike is in neutral and stationary. The engine will give a little 'blip' to let you know it is engaged and off you go. The cruise control works as follows.
Get to the speed you want to cruise at then push the start button.
The code in the ECU will store the current speed and throttle position and adjust throttle position up and down to hold the speed.
If you touch the brakes or pull the clutch the cruise control will turn off, just like the one in your average car.
The cruise control is limited to 20% throttle and also limited to a max RPM, this is a failsafe in case the clutch is pulled and the clutch switch is faulty.
You can connect an LED to the front O2 sensor plug (Between 12v and heater ground pins), the ECU will turn the O2 heater on when cruise control is on and turn it off when cruise control cuts off.
The throttle adjustments by cruise control are slow to make sure the ECU does not do any sudden throttle movements. Turning off error codes will come soon, but it will not be available with the first version.

Trim maps and cruise control nearly ready to roll.

... no mention of the indicator self cancel so dont hold ya breath

1 - 20 of 193 Posts