Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
09 1100 hyper with 2-1 full termi with ecu, duc shop stacks and a pc5.
Got a tune from a great tuner but mine hesitates like crazy...
On the dyno the charts r perfect, smooth AF, torque and hp# r great but when u blip the throttle to wheelie or accelerate hard it goes da da da then pulls hard, but only does it after 4000rpm. Has anyone else experienced this? Tuner says that the accelerator pump isn't working right possibly but I know he didn't do a dual cylinder tune.
I'm getting so frustrated with it I don't even want to ride it anymore...
What r my options?
Get a dual cylinder tune on PC 5,
Go to Ducati and retune on the race ecu?

·
Registered
757 Posts
sorry but how is he a great tuner if the result is that? :eek: you mentioned 4000rpm.... since he's a great tuner then it's safe to assume that he had removed the closed loop portion and are now all open w/o the O2 sensors? FYI, just basing this comment on the limited knowledge i know. BTW, my 796 only really pulls hard ("sings") at around 4000 and up.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I had a similar problem after I put my pc5 on. It had a hesitation from 0 throttle to full, but only after 6000 RPMs. I added fuel to the zero throttle range on my pc5 map and let the auto tuner fix the rest. It no longer has the delay.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
141 Posts
I can't give a lot of detail because I have a Bazzaz but it sounds like your current map is a little off. When you crack the throttle your engine receives a rush of air and is put in a lean condition so normally you set up your map to compensate by adding fuel during this situation. Likewise when you close the throttle at high rpm's you go into a rich condition so your map should lean the the mixture to prevent a lot of popping. My guess is that your map is lean causing this hesitation. I would again verify the problem rpm range and an educated guess at the % of throttle. After making sure you have your current map saved I would add some fuel in the sectors that you are having trouble in. I would make small adjustments and then test ride to see if it makes a difference. I'm not familiar with the 09 year model but you may also need to adjust your air bleed screws and get your TPS reset. Be safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts