Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
but there might be a problem if you dont have a tube on the stock rims.. :think:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update

Well after being told to sign a waiver because the Technician (in his own words stated he has been wrenching motorcycles for 25 years) said he wanted Michelin to give him the ok to put a tube in a tire that says tubeless, the tires get put on. All is well untill I go out to look at the completed work to find a knick and s scrape down to the bare metal on the black rim edge.

I mention it to the parts counter guy. He looks at it and goes inside to tell the service technician. I go inside to pay, and overhear the technician yelling at the parts guy telling him never to have anyone he knows to bring a bike in again and he's not doing work on any bike that they don't sell.

A few minutes later the technician cones over the counter and hand the key to the cashier, and tells me with a smile "hey I got your bike all fixed up and ready to go outside". He didn't know I heard him earlier. I pay the bill and leave.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Full price

Yes I paid full now. I'm writing a letter to the new store manager to see his response. He was previously the service manager and scratched my friend hard tank bag on his Yamaha and ordered a new bag, and then told my friend what he had done and appoligized. So my friend got a new hard bag without even asking. That's was why I even brought the bike to them, because I was impressed with their honesty and how they handled that.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
WHHAAAT!!??:eek:

what a fool! (not you, him!!) in the future, if I were you I would refrain from having such an imbecile touch your bike...

I'm not sure what is worse, that he scratched your rim (you can't hide it with a sharpie?) or that he threw a pussy fit about putting a tube in a tubeless tire and bitched after you pointed out the scratch... what is the name of the store? (just to put it on my "avoid at all costs" list).

good luck in the future...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
More info, sharpie etc...

My primary issue was not that accidents happen, but that after it happened it wasn't called to my attention, or an apology even offered.

After looking at my receipt, I also see that the guy telling me how man years of bikes he's been working on, and they would take care of me, Isn't even the guy that worked on the bike. He is apparently the service manager, and gave the bike to a technician that has been working on bike for 1.5 years approximately.

The service manager who didn't want to put a tube in a tire labeled tubeless made the comment, not to me, but he was around the corner and I heard, "I didn't want to work on that bike anyway." and "Thats what happened to painted rims sometimes" Which I find interesting since most alloy automotive and alloy motorcycle rims are painted, whether it is a clear coat or just a colored paint. Even the engine cases are painted from what I understand.

I would have preferred to be told "I don't want to work on your bike" rather than "Im not putting a tube in a tire labeled tubeless unless the Tire Manufacturer tells me to"

The store manager is supposed looking into what happened. So at this point I'd prefer to wait before naming the place. Since I believe that it's how a person handles a mistake is what is important, not that he makes one.

As for the sharpie. I haven't done anything yet. I have meticulously kept my bike clean since i bough tit new in April, so it disheartening to find that I may have paid for someone to scratch it, and they seem to think it's par for the course.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts