Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Sport 1000S or that is what I think it is.

Issues

1. Tried using the Vin to confirm with Ducati USA site no help doesnt distinguish between Regular and the 1000s.

2. Mine is the RedWhite striped curve swingarm all the components match up BUT I have a single monoshock which from what I have researched is a 2006 thing etc.

3. Being an owner of a 1995 Ducati 916 and a 2000 Ducati 996S and having worked on them both of my other Ducatis fall under the category of non standard like in their practice the factory has a habit of just using what they have left or whatever on the shelf. Wondering if this is what happened.

What I am asking for is there a way definitively to find out if I have a true 1000S?
Importance is I am thinking about selling it although a piece of my soul will go with it but I may need the cash for medical reasons.

I think Im going to ask the guys over at Proitalia also.
I am attaching a couple photos maybe that will help.

Attachments

·
Old Wizard
3,006 Posts
You can email requests for build spec information regarding a VIN or engine number to Ducati in Italy at:

Ducati

You should hear from a representative within a few days.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I have a 2007 Sport 1000S or that is what I think it is.

Issues

1. Tried using the Vin to confirm with Ducati USA site no help doesnt distinguish between Regular and the 1000s.

2. Mine is the RedWhite striped curve swingarm all the components match up BUT I have a single monoshock which from what I have researched is a 2006 thing etc.
You don't have a dry clutch, so I wouldn't think you have an 06 model. Did you buy it new or used? Looks like possibly someone put on the rear swingarm/shock from an 06 or maybe Ducati did something different to yours....:grin2:

·
Registered
193 Posts
it may well be an 07 sc1000s that someone has fitted the single shock swingarm so as to allow the zard exhaust to be used. the 07 has a wet clutch so may well be one.

·
Registered
821 Posts
It is extremely likely that someone fitted an 06 swingarm to your bike, and that it is a 1000S. That is what I would sell it as. Look for an upper shock mount on the frame

·
Registered
65 Posts
either way beautiful bike!
+1! Looks great with the Monoposto swing-arm and single shock/Zards.

Kind of an off-topic question, but do you need to take extra special care of the bike being in Hawai'i? I would imagine the rain and salty air requires constant wiping down? Asking because I've always wanted to spend a few months out there on a bike, but am curious about any additional precautions one should take maintenance/care-wise.

Sorry to hear about the medical bills, but best of luck with the sale!

·
Registered
514 Posts
As said above, that is a great looking bike! Getting the build information like Shazaam noted would get you the info your looking for. Sorry to hear you might need to sell the bike for medical reasons.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Very nice bike! It looks a little bit like mine, which was converted into a monoposto with a dry clutch. I have never seen or heard of Ducati making such a drastic difference to the geometry of a "standard" bike. That would be crazy. I think it's most likely converted by a former owner, of specially ordered at Ducati like that.

I have a letter from Ducati in italian, from their main office stating there was only 616 1000S' made all in all.. making it more rare than the Paul Smart in fact.

Cheers.

J

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
It is extremely likely that someone fitted an 06 swingarm to your bike, and that it is a 1000S. That is what I would sell it as. Look for an upper shock mount on the frame
correct, this is a 2007 Sport 1000s. swing arms from an 06'. thats all. There was a bike exactly like this one for sale last year in Hawaii

I have a hard time believing that there were only 616 of Sport 1000s made. the red ones are very common and maybe the number applies to the number of bikes sold in Europe.

either way, nice bike

·
Registered
89 Posts
AshleySurfs,

Which bike is yours? Both #1 and #4 appear to be '08 biposto 1000s models, since both have double-sided swingarms and light weight black rims, among other tidbits that are S-specific. #6 looks like either a converted non-S early monoposto, or an '07 with the steel rims from a non-S mono. The other look like legit '07 1000s'.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts