Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at 3 different types of the Rizoma mirrors: Tomok, Circuit 743, or Prototype Naked. Any opionions or photos, if you have one of them, would be great. Also looking for other good options if you have other brands in mind. Don't want bar end type though, because we lane split here in CA. Thanks.

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
I love my rizoma reverse retros mounted to rizoma bar ends. Sorry no pics

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks very nice, but trying to keep the bike skinny, so no bar enders for me.

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,234 Posts
I've sort of fallen for the CRG method, I'm use to it on either bike. If I changed to another setup, I'd change both bikes. Shame you cant get "loaners" and try them for 100 miles to see if they work for you, unless some nice vendor would let you borrow a used one.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have to say, I'm not sure I love the Oberon 'streetfighter' mirrors. First, they are a pain to adjust; basically you can't just get them sort of right, then move the mirror to fine adjust - you have to get it perfect by turning some set screws, which of course is difficult to do if you're sitting on the bike. Second the glass is very flat, which gives you a narrow field of view. The good news is they're relatively inexpensive.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
I have to say, I'm not sure I love the Oberon 'streetfighter' mirrors. First, they are a pain to adjust; basically you can't just get them sort of right, then move the mirror to fine adjust - you have to get it perfect by turning some set screws, which of course is difficult to do if you're sitting on the bike. Second the glass is very flat, which gives you a narrow field of view. The good news is they're relatively inexpensive.
That's why I use the CRG mirrors. The glass is slightly convex and the mirror pivots an a nylon ball which is easy to adjust--but you can snug them up with an allen wrench.

The CRG mirrors and bar end turn signals are still narrower than the stock mirrors by several inches.

-M

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
We had CRG's on all our other bikes until we saw these and decided to go this route. Rizoma Circuits. Visibility is very good. We tried both the Elisse and these.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The "Circuits" look good because they sort of match the shape of the reservoirs, but I am not sure I like the mounting hardware.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Motovation which set of Rizoma Circuits do u have on your bike in the pic? It looks like the two pics show differnt style mirrors.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Threaded holes

Are the threaded holes on the SF larger than those on the Monster S4Rs? I tried to install a set of Rizomas left over from my Monster and it seemed that the holes were much larger. Do the "adapters" for the Rizomas account for the change in hole size?
ama

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Adroc,
The top pics were the Elisse. They mount straight up and all hardware is included. They have a larger mirror area. The second image are of Circuit 851's. But you will need the Rizoma adapters for these to mount up as the stock mirror holes are M8.

Motovation which set of Rizoma Circuits do u have on your bike in the pic? It looks like the two pics show differnt style mirrors.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts