Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After a long wait today, I pulled trigger and bought a 2007 Ducati Sports Classic GT from Copart. This will be my third Ducati (2012 Street Fighter 848, 2014 Ducati Panigale 899) and words can do justice to describe my excitement level. ��

I was hoping to reach out to former owner if s/he is on this group. I wanted to let him/her know that the motorcycle will be in good hands and if possible, I would like to know more about this motorcycle history. Here is the copart link to the motorcycle - https://www.copart.com/lot/42979779/

This motorcycle was registered in two states Massachusetts and Idaho.

Hopefully I will find leads to prior owner. Thank you in advance and ride safe.

Here is the link to instagram handle that created to track the project - https://www.instagram.com/ducatisc1000/

·
Registered
2008 Ducati Sport1000, GT1000
172 Posts
Looks like a good project. Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes.

·
Registered
957 Posts
What plans do you have for the bike....back to stock or customize it? What parts need replacing, looks like the tank and exhaust got the most damage or is it worse than that. A little hard to see in the pictures.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am going to customize it. Bike is in really good condition besides few scratches. My plan of action is to get the rebuilt title first with minimal repairs and later on customize it.

Major Damage

- Front RH Broken Indicator. (Trying to get sequential indicator working)
- Bent rear break lever. (Looking for stock / open to installing new rear-set entirely)

I think if I get those fix it should be good for the inspection.

As per as later on I am trying convert it to 1000S with custom bits. Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Good find. I hope you enjoy it. I might have a couple of stock parts if you are interested, pm me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts