Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the 2011 come with a red key or a key card or both. I thought i put it somewhere safe but i guess ive either place the the key card in trash by accident or i cant find red key. I dont remember what im looking for. I hate getting old. I thought it came with a red key. Or am i thinking of the hypermotard i had.
If im looking just for a red credit card in a sleeve that would help narrow the search. I am freaking out since its like losing 3000 dollars.

·
Registered
166 Posts
An actual metal key with a red plastic head.

Did the 2011 come with a red key or a key card or both. I thought i put it somewhere safe but i guess ive either place the the key card in trash by accident or i cant find red key. I dont remember what im looking for. I hate getting old. I thought it came with a red key. Or am i thinking of the hypermotard i had.
If im looking just for a red credit card in a sleeve that would help narrow the search. I am freaking out since its like losing 3000 dollars.

·
Registered
386 Posts
metal key, red plastic head.

I got my bike home and could not for the life of me find it. The next day the dealer called and said they had it :rolleyes:

·
North Carolina, USA
3,320 Posts
That reminds me. I need to get my red key out of the little cubby on the fairing. It's been in there since the last trip I took back in May. Anyone could have stolen the bike since then if they only knew....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you. helps me in my search. i put it in such a safe place i cant find it.:think:

·
Registered
275 Posts
I am freaking out since its like losing 3000 dollars.
It's just a key, easily and inexpensively replaced. You can order a blank and get it coded by the dealer and have it cut at a key shop.

The red key for the MTS1200 is just a normal Ducati transponder key with red instead of black plastic. It is not the master coding key as with some other models.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Red key?

My apologies if I'm hijacking here but I did do a search on red key and couldn't find anything and just saw this - here's my question - why can't I get the red key to start the bike? I've held near the bottom of the windshield and try to start the bike - nothing. Black key starts it fine - code starts it fine. WTF?

Thanks guys...

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Maybe you are holding it in the wrong place. It is passive and the internal coding needs to be activated by the RF output from the hands free antenna. It needs to be very close to the antenna. Have you looked at the pic in the tech manual?

Poke it up under the screen if you can. are you holding the red key in the right place AND trying to turn on the bike at the same time with the red slide switch??

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Thanks Tim...I thought I was doing it the way it's documented but I will give it another try tonight...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts