Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, second attempt. Does anyone know if the forks off a 2003 1000ss will fit a Gt? Ta much, Ian

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
I believe they will work, but check overall lenght before buying.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Yes, I used them on my GT. They are about 30mm too long. On a GT, you would probably have clearance problems if you have not raised your bar risers (I had). On a Sport, they will just stick up more, so then it is just an aesthetic issue. If that doesn't bother you, then they're fine.

P.S. Mine were (I think) 2000 SS forks, so the length could be a little diffrent, but it is my understanding that the 04 ones will be the same.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Yes, I used them on my GT. They are about 30mm too long. On a GT, you would probably have clearance problems if you have not raised your bar risers (I had). On a Sport, they will just stick up more, so then it is just an aesthetic issue. If that doesn't bother you, then they're fine.

P.S. Mine were (I think) 2000 SS forks, so the length could be a little diffrent, but it is my understanding that the 04 ones will be the same.
As the SS clip-ons are mounted on top of the upper triple, the overall length of the legs is 740 mm...

This enables you to do the same with your Sport to get a better handlebar position in combination with low rise aftermarket clip-ons such as LSL, Gilles etc

·
Registered
635 Posts
Ahh I can't get uploads to work today..... work computer. Look at SC Mods picture thread currently its third from last post. I posted pictures of my SS forks on my SC. I used Vortex clip ons above the top triple to take up the extra fork tube on top.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
I tried to copy the pic from a63buggy's posting in the mods thread, but it won't take for some reason. In any event, I will post the link to that post:

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showpost.php?p=667996&postcount=191

The photos give you a good idea of what might be involved. With the GT handlebars, you will likely need the risers MajorSoftie referred to.

Good luck!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks,will do.
I have a pair of s2r 1000 forks to sell. They are direct fit and fully adjustable. I used it onmy s1k but traded the bike in the meantime for an 848. Let me know if you are interested. I also have a wilbers fully adjustable rearshock to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts