Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've come to the conclusion today that the true Ducati sound is from my 93 888 SPO with full Termi spaghetti.......just curzing around 4k and it just sounds amazing! I love the sound of my 1098 with Leo slip ons, or my 996's 50mm full Forza or even my 749 with the full 54mm Termi, they all sound great but the triple 8 is by far the true Duc sound!

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
I haven't had the pleasure to hear the 888 but I will always stand by the idea that the desmoquattros are the best sounding Ducati 4 valvers.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
I agree! they do sound unbelievable....my 999 with a 1038cc bore kit and 54mm full Termignoni sounds pretty good at 9K rpm....completely different then stock for only a 40cc gain. Even at a low rpm burble it sounds cool. IMO the AC Ducs always sound the best.
I can't for the life of me understand why Ducati doesn't go back to an Supermono type air cooled street superbike. Great ergos, 1100cc, Ohlins, 130hp and 80+ ft.lbs, torque...and price it around $13K...sell out in a day!

·
Registered
771 Posts
I agree! they do sound unbelievable....my 999 with a 1038cc bore kit and 54mm full Termignoni sounds pretty good at 9K rpm....completely different then stock for only a 40cc gain. Even at a low rpm burble it sounds cool.
Is it just a drop in piston kit, or did you have cams or porting done as well? The top end work would definitely change the sound.

·
9,757 Posts
I can't for the life of me understand why Ducati doesn't go back to an Supermono type air cooled street superbike. Great ergos, 1100cc, Ohlins, 130hp and 80+ ft.lbs, torque...and price it around $13K...sell out in a day!
Who in their right mind would want an 1100cc single? Not to mention an aircooled one :rolleyes:

ps, aircooled 1100cc twins barely crack 100hp, where are the extra 30 ponies gonna come from on this magical single cylinder liter bike? :D

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
9,757 Posts

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
Who in their right mind would want an 1100cc single? Not to mention an aircooled one :rolleyes:

ps, aircooled 1100cc twins barely crack 100hp, where are the extra 30 ponies gonna come from on this magical single cylinder liter bike? :D
And while we're picking nits, the Supermono is water cooled and 4 valves. :)

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Nothing compares to the intake roar of a desmoquattro - provided you don't have the venturis in there (late 748 and all 996 and 998 have intake blocks that cuts the noise). That's what sets them apart in my mind.

That and the equal-length headers on the older superbikes, the 749/999 setup never sounded quite right to my ear. The 1098-1198-848 is better in that regard.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
In my honest opinion I think the superquadro sounds really really good. for me its desmoquattro, Desmoduo, V4, superquadro.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I've come to the conclusion today that the true Ducati sound is from my 93 888 SPO with full Termi spaghetti.......just curzing around 4k and it just sounds amazing! I love the sound of my 1098 with Leo slip ons, or my 996's 50mm full Forza
Three great choices for "best sounding Ducati",but I think you've got the right winner picked. Although an old 2V SS with exhuast system is hard to beat.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
This may sound crazy...but of all the Ducatis I have the best, ever sounding is..........................1988 Paso 750- Dellorto carbs, Cobra F1 aluminum slip ons!!! Can't explain it but that baby is "kick-ass" sounding!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Three great choices for "best sounding Ducati",but I think you've got the right winner picked. Although an old 2V SS with exhuast system is hard to beat.
My ride's are
888 Termi's
996 SPS full 52 Termi's
748/853 Arrow full
and my girlfriend's 1996 M900 with Ferracci exhaust wins hands down. Unbelievable how loud
it is. Also it's deeper maybe because it's carbureted
or that it's a 2 valve.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have not heard many of the bikes you named but the one that gives me chills is the Desmosidici. Awesome!

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
My 996 with 50mm Arrows sounds nice, but it doesn't compare with the S2R1000 with TPO pods and full carbon Arrows(no db killers) at 8000rpm...Amazing!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts