Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
I wish I could go.
I saw Troy at a recent track day in WA and he was doing big wheelies all down the straights with a passenger on the back . Very awesome to see. He also broke a few pit lane rules like doing burnouts and wheelies in pit lane .
He still has it.

·
Excel Addict
5,085 Posts
CB4265 and I are mates and have already discussed the event.

I will be there and we have already booked motel rooms in Taree for Friday and Saturday.

We should meet up and put faces to "names"

I have been to the first two and blown away by the racing and how laid back it all is.

Just do it if you love racing.

Richard

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Are you blokes riding there? Or is that a challenge with access to the track? The "wonderful" tropical weather we have at the moment with afternoon storms every day might have buggered off back to the deep North by then. If I'm up in the Hunter I'd love to do Thunderbolts Way on the way there.

This has been on my want to do list all year, my timing actually might work for once. I hadn't thought about Friday in Taree but that would make a lot of sense.

·
Excel Addict
5,085 Posts
We are driving - the bike is not big enough for the suitcase required for 2 nights by Gabrielle! Two others will probably be on one bike, but may jump in the car with us to get to the track.

The only road to the track, Old Bar Road, is narrow and the traffic backs up a long way. The new lane splitting laws may make it easier on a bike. Last year a copper at the gate booked a bike rider for passing stationary cars held up in traffic queuing to get in!

There is parking at the track and is all dirt, so if riding take a puck or squashed beer can for the side stand in case it is wet.

We have booked into the Highway Motor Inn Taree, via booking.com.
About $100 when we booked for a twin room or double room per night.

G did heaps of research, read reviews etc. and as we know we have to drive to the track, she chose it so we would be a walk to town for pubs etc.

There is food at the track, but there were no beer tents either year.

Richard

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Thanks for all the handy info. I'm trying to sort out if my member for the opposition wants to come along also. Then I'd be stuck with the cage. Dunno what it is about sorts and the need for clean frocks. Plus I'm not sure if a day of flat track and noise is up her alley. Having said that she did get up early to watch the MotoGP and Moto3 with me all year. She is a blast with the "Oh my God" when things get on or over the edge. Freaks her right out.

·
Premium Member
6,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Who else is going? I'm going, Ableduc is going. I am driving so I can take gear if anyone needs a pack horse.

Would rather be riding but will sleep in car Saturday as no camping available.

Craig

·
Registered
31 Posts
I wish I could go.
I saw Troy at a recent track day in WA and he was doing big wheelies all down the straights with a passenger on the back . Very awesome to see. He also broke a few pit lane rules like doing burnouts and wheelies in pit lane .
He still has it.
Ive been the passenger on an 1199 with him flying down the straight at Lakeside Raceway on the back wheel... [email protected]#kin scary as shit!

·
Premium Member
6,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Weather forecast for TBC is great

Forecast looks good, 1st year was wet, 2nd was a scorcher, so 3rd is in between.

Craig

·
Premium Member
6,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok, so I am bringing Weber, gas bottle etc, a few extras, salt, pepper, sauces, coffee machine, eggs, tomatoes, bacon, fridge, & milk
Esky & beer of course, red wine & a port maybe?
Any other input?

Craig

·
Premium Member
6,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Who's going to TBC 16th January?

Heading over on Friday arvo? Ducati Owners Club is heading up from Sydney.
Ducati North West Owners Group will ride or drive over via Port Stephens Cutting on Friday 15th January 2016.

Contact me for more details.

Craig

·
Registered
524 Posts
Ive been away from here for a while-went down on the Saturday and although things were a bit damp the racing was top notch and I had a good time-except for the fuck around by the idiots directing traffic through the mud puddle car park

·
Excel Addict
5,085 Posts
Ive been away from here for a while-went down on the Saturday and although things were a bit damp the racing was top notch and I had a good time-except for the fuck around by the idiots directing traffic through the mud puddle car park
It was brilliant racing when they were able to race. Been to all four.

Traffic - they are volunteers, as in not paid AFAIK, but no doubt would benefit from voluntary training by/from a parker's point of view/expertise on the matter.:smile2:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yeah-despite living reasonably close to the event and promising myself I would be in attendance Ive only managed to make it twice-the fuck around I referred to was most likely attributed to the fact that none of the parking attendants had a clue on where the Ducati clubs stand was going to be despite the fact it was organised-I was directed back out onto the main road and back to the first gate twice-eventually found the crowd but had to negotiate the mud a few times-and yes it was a great day

·
Registered
35 Posts
We were heading over from Perth for this but now work has changed the roster and guess what ....im rostered on !!!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts