Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yup. Got wood. Can't wait to see these things on the track in 2019.

What's not captured in this video because of the unbaffled exhaust is the unique whine Triumph triples make because of their straight cut counterbalancer gears. At less than full throttle and lower rpm they go from a nice purr and whine to a throaty roar to a loud scream. Way more personality than any inline 4 ever had. Ducati fans know about engine personality and Triumph has it too.

I know when a Triumph is coming down the front straight. (former owner of a couple race 675's here)

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Almost but not quite. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
19,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That was my reaction. It was almost hurting until that moment of climax when he let off. :)

·
19,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Freddy Spencer would agree. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
God I love the sound of a triple at full song! I owned one of the BSA Rocket 3's that set records here in Daytona back in '69 (yes I am older then dirt) ridden by Dick Mann and DuHamel. I put 88 thousand miles on that bike with only one rebuild and that was to add a Jack Wilson Big D of Dallas 1000cc stroker kit. That bike as a 750cc pushrod wide ratio 4 speed pulled over 141 mph down Daytona's backstretch and averaged over 131mph for a thousand miles. It's still in my area somewhere and I'm hoping to find and restore it.

Reactions: davy.j

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,366 Posts
Screw those silly MotoE bikes. Just imagine a pack of these new Triumph Moto2 bikes howling at full song down the front straight at the night race in Qatar in March. That is going to sound positively glorious! Can't wait.

·
Come in Spinner :)
8,742 Posts
Yes, MotoGP is going well into the shade soundwise and that's half the appeal of motor racing as the F! mob have found out since they ditched the V10's.
The V6 turbo's sound as exciting as Manx Nortons.

·
19,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, MotoGP is going well into the shade soundwise and that's half the appeal of motor racing as the F! mob have found out since they ditched the V10's.
The V6 turbo's sound as exciting as Manx Nortons.
Honestly I think the current MotoGP bikes sound like crap. The only time they sound good is at COTA when you stand down at the end of the long back straight and listen to them coming at you. Going up through the gears all the way to 217mph or so. You don't hear the exhaust when they are coming at you. Just the scream of the engine and sound of ripping air as they cut through it. I just got goose bumps thinking about it. :)

·
Come in Spinner :)
8,742 Posts
A racing motorcycle should sound as exciting on the over run, if not better that at wot and triumph have absolutely nailed that one.
Can't wait to hear the whole pack arriving at a hairpin together.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
I find it bizarre seeing an MV Agusta with a three cylinder Triumph engine..
Really? Ago finds your lack of historical knowledge disturbing...

Agostini won 4 titles with the 350 3cyl in the '60s.

Ago won 5 titles with the 500 3cyl in the '60s.

The 500 was replaced with a 4cyl in '72. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,476 Posts
I think he was referencing the fact the Mv agusta will have a engine not of their making but a triumph brand motor. Either way I look forward to them ripping around the track.

For me the sad part is I see no Triumph brand bikes that will give the buying public a chance at pretending to be a moto 2 rider. Where are the Triumph sport bikes in 2019?

I was thinking of migrating to a triumph dealership as the 675 Daytonas were great bikes and the company just got the moto 2 deal and then I read they killed off the sport bike range. Might as well work for Harley if all they sell is retro bikes.

·
Registered
416 Posts
The rumor mill points to the Daytona coming back with a major redesign as a 765 in 2020.

In the mean time dealerships needed a couple years to deplete remaining 675R stock.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
I think he was referencing the fact the Mv agusta will have a engine not of their making but a triumph brand motor. .

Got a link?

Sounds like an old wives tale.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
The rumor mill points to the Daytona coming back with a major redesign as a 765 in 2020.

In the mean time dealerships needed a couple years to deplete remaining 675R stock.
I'll bet they need to do a redesign on the head to pass Euro 4 regulations.

Lots of bikes got sharpened up or dropped in the last 2 or 3 years.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts