Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The latest Cycle World has the 675 w/ a TKO over the 848! Hmmmm....they really didn't say anything very exciting about the 848. I thought it was a better bike then a 675 ???
Also CW did a great piece on airboxes and Helmhotz resonators....interesting stuff!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a 675 and didn't care for it. Triumph doesn't stand behind their bikes in my experience, which is unacceptable. With any non-jap bike the dealer can make or break the bike

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Never ridden a daytona but if its better than the 848 thats gonna be my next bike. I miss my 848!!!:(

·
Registered
150 Posts
Didn't your dad tell you not to believe everything you read. Maybe Triumph ran a more expensive ad campaign and the mag was repaying them. It's all political. buy what YOU like, not what THEY tell you to like.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I LOVE Ducati, but I chose the 675 over the 848... now I have a big bore 675 with +2mm pistals (726 now)! I just did the first test with it this past weekend. It is an amazing bike! AMAZING!

Here are some shots from the weekend... it's not done, but it is getting there.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Cycle World effin sucks. The 848 whips ass over 675 any day of the week.
ride them both back to back, i had the chance to do so recently and while i loved the 848 and really enjoyed ringing it out, the daytona is the bike i will be taking home (here in toronto, the local ducati dealers also sell triumph and the price difference between the two bikes is roughly 5500$).

The 848 had a wee bit more grunt in the low end, and what felt like a way longer 1st gear, it also felt bigger and around now a bit more unweildy than the daytona.

The little daytona was just like a pocket rocket. Revvy like an i-4 but with handling that i can only describe as telepathic.

The ducati had a far better fit and finish, awsome dash cluster. The 848 is a stunning bike, but to say that it completly crushes the 675 i find to be somewhat of a mis statement.

DESMOWORKS: can you PM me where i can find some information about the displacement upgrade for the daytona that you have? thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had a 675 before I got the 998; its a really sweet bike but in my opinion more suited for the track than for the street. Its pretty uncomfortable for daily riding....

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
I LOVE Ducati,.. it's not done, but it is getting there.
That is a sick ass bike :cool: and prob still cheaper than an 848 but then again it doesn't have the secret ingredient that all Ducs share and by the way if I knew what that was I could bottle it sell it in Japan and live out my days in luxury..LOL

·
Trackday Junkie
1,374 Posts
I loved riding my buddies 675. Probably the best '600' I'ver ever ridden, small, great handling, great torque, and good top end. Given the choice, it would be a hard decision, but at the end of the day, I probably would get the 848 just because of the power/torque/looks etc.

But in a perfect world, I wouldn't mind having either as a track bike.

·
Registered
345 Posts
The 09 675's made some improvements over previous models but I don't think the match the fit & finish a Duc. I saw the 09 675 LE recently. The White looks nice but the Blue shows off some cheap looking plastic.

I would probably go with the Black or Red version over it...I haven't ridden either but if they are similar on the street than it's hard to justify the $5500 difference nowadays.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm considering purchasing a 2010 675 SE right now. What issue of Cycle World is that comparison?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I'm considering purchasing a 2010 675 SE right now. What issue of Cycle World is that comparison?
Have you seen it in person yet? We've got 3 of them right now and they look quite a bit different in person than in the images... the frame is darker. Still looks great, but different than I was expecting.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi Anthony,
Yes, I got a chance to see it in person and I really like it. What's more, the missus thinks it's beautiful so I've got a green light from her to get one if I want. What I have to do now is take a 675 for a test ride to make sure I like how it rides. That should happen a little later this week. I'm sure it will feel a lot different than my 749s or my Tuono. I hope you guys have been keeping Aldrin in line down there.
-Dale

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Hi Anthony,
Yes, I got a chance to see it in person and I really like it. What's more, the missus thinks it's beautiful so I've got a green light from her to get one if I want. What I have to do now is take a 675 for a test ride to make sure I like how it rides. That should happen a little later this week. I'm sure it will feel a lot different than my 749s or my Tuono. I hope you guys have been keeping Aldrin in line down there.
-Dale
Ha, he keeps me in line :eek: It is much different than either of your current bikes... definitely take it for a ride and see how you like it. Let us know if you get it!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts