Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone has seen or heard of these? I guess they are oval shaped and change the rake?
And if you had theses installed in your super sport or superbike triple tree?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Are you looking for photos of these or something? The 916's have them or something similar to change the rake, but I have never had the fr end off so I have no idea what they look like. Try the 916 parts diag - page 60 / TAV 22 has a diagram but it's not obvious here what actually changes the rake

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a stock part as far as I know? My 748 has the adjustable triple, theses are replacement races for the bearings that change the rake.

·
Premium Member
5,445 Posts
I have a customer who just discovered a set in his supersport. Funny thing was he found them while swapping bearings to fit different offset trees because the bike did not steer quickly enough. He reported the trail reduction of the offset trees instead of the offset bearing races was more improvement. I have not had them in my hand yet but it appears they are simple aluminum insets and new smaller Od bearings to pull it off.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
I have a customer who just discovered a set in his supersport. Funny thing was he found them while swapping bearings to fit different offset trees because the bike did not steer quickly enough. He reported the trail reduction of the offset trees instead of the offset bearing races was more improvement. I have not had them in my hand yet but it appears they are simple aluminum insets and new smaller Od bearings to pull it off.
how did they orientate to make sure the offset was right? were there just lines for visual?

·
Premium Member
5,445 Posts
I am supposed to get the removed parts maybe Monday but from the customers description who removed them yes they are just scribed for orientation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts