Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might anyone here know the offset of a stock Streetfighter S. I know this is the superbike forum and plan to ask on the Streetfighter pages too. But you guys tend to be pretty knowledgeable.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
offset

Dutch,
I've been given numbers from 36 to 28 as being stock for a streetfighter. If you don't mind saying what is your source of the number.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trying to identify the differences

Trying to identify the differences between both the SBK n SF in an effort to tweak if possible the advantages of the SBK handling into my SF. I know and have already heard from others asking why I didn't just buy a SBK in the first place well I didn't know what I know now and I find the comfort on the SF to be a big issue for me vs the SBK, so we don't need to revisit that again. As Moto and other have stated the mods that work so well on the SBK don't work as well on the SF if at all. I had started this post thinking the triple clamps were the missing link or the rocker arm for that matter and have since realized there most be other factors at work here. Here's what I do know.. The stock clamps I have been told are anywhere from 32 to 28mm I haven't had a set available in my hands to accurately get a true measurement. The swingarm is longer by how much I don't currently know for sure but will soon have an answer to post here, my guess is over an inch. The gas tank on a SBK sits farther back on the frame my estimate is an inch to an inch and a half. The steering head lengths are different soon to be measured I'll post back on that too. As are the rake numbers SBK steeper by 1.1 degrees. These are the factors that I have found to be the contributors to the differences between the two if you think I left anything out feel free to add what you have found. Thanks

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
What are you trying to achieve? If all else remains the same, switching to triple with less offset will increase trail. More trail = more stability. If you're looking for quicker turning, this mod won't achieve it unless you're making other chassis changes like dropping the front and/or raising the rear.

My advise is to seek professional help before proceeding.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Triples

FourRings, I think quicker steering is easy I'm ultimately after a more planted velcro'd like feel that many have found with some mods to their Superbikes. Seems the Streetfighter for those that have tried to go further in to this quest do not benefit from these mods to the same extent as the Superbike. With that sais I was trying in my head to write down all the known differences so maybe I can understand it better and find a better solution for myself vs buying a Superbike or anything else for that matter. I've already gone pretty far with this project and don't want to turn around now. Sure I'm after a more aggressive Streetfighter just didn't think it would be this difficult since many Superbike riders have found a few simple solutions already.

Dennie, My bike is out getting tuned as we speak however when it was home trying to measure just as you pointed out is not to easy since the bar mounts are in the way. Leaving the only removing the clamp to be accurate. I was hoping maybe someone had either done that or found some notes that I have missed. Having spoken to a few well know outfits in the triple clamp business some have said easy peasy they are 36mm and the 30mm will make you very happy to paraphrase. Others have said they are 32 or less and that is the very reason we don't offer clamps for that model. Which brings me here searching further.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Swing arm

FlynBulldog

Is the Superbike 515mm and Streetfigher 550mm ? And I've read that many Superbike riders prefer a longer after market swing arm, how long would that be?? Thanks

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
848/1098/1198 aftermarket carbon and magnesium swing-arms are about 19mm longer than OEM SBK.
I had a RAAM on my 1098 and several BST CF swingarms here
-M

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
. Having spoken to a few well know outfits in the triple clamp business some have said easy peasy they are 36mm and the 30mm will make you very happy to paraphrase. Others have said they are 32 or less and that is the very reason we don't offer clamps for that model. Which brings me here searching further.
I know they are not 36mm.

Using an apparel fabric tape measure with everything assembled on the bike and in the way -it looks to be less than 30mm offset on our project bike with stock triples.

-M

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know they are not 36mm.

Using an apparel fabric tape measure with everything assembled on the bike and in the way -it looks to be less than 30mm offset on our project bike with stock triples.

-M

So adding 30mm triples or less will likely be pointless
Thanks again for your help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Drop the rear ride height a full inch and you will get a feel for what more trail feels like. I don't think you will like it on a streetfighter.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Triples

With the bike back from service I can verify what Moto found using a small metal rule while installed with everything on the bike and in the way. I can safely say its less than 30 more like 28. So what is it that makes the superbike so amazing and the streetfighter not respond to the same mods. Here's what I know Swingarm loner by 35mm, Triples offset 28mm, rake slacker by 1.1 degree and seat is roughly 35mm closer on the Streetfighter vs the SBK????

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Triples

One other thing I believe but haven't verified that the SBK forks are longer than the SF, by close to an inch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts