Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to get a few days to take a short run up to the mountains here in VA for the last couple weeks. It always seemed to be either bad timing, weather or the fact I just hit the wear bars on both tires.:eek: Looks like the middle of next week will be good weather and my tires just came in. I am going to trailer the bike up to the Staunton area and use that as a base to go exploring. I wish I had more time and more funding but if I dont go now I am afraid I will miss my opportunity for this year. I looked on the net and found this site that lists a couple of good roads.
http://www.motorcycleroads.com/routes/SouthEast/VA/VA_index.htm
Any other suggestions?
I will be heading up Wednesday and staying the night. I am going to do some more riding on Thursday then load up and return home.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I missed this, so by now you probably already went or put it off. I found the GPS is a nice way to find some good tarmac. Caution is warrented though, as some of the Garmin maps still take you to dirt roads even in NoVA.

I rode out to & around Mt. Weather last year and the GPS brought me on to a couple of short dirt roads. There's some good roads south of Staunton taken at a reasonable pace.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts