Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gents,

this summer I´d like to travel to scotland. Been to ireland, northern ireland, england, channel islands, wales but only crossed scotland. time for a change. I´d like to get some route recommendations starting from hull since that´s most prolly the ferry destination.

I´m up for anything so far. Most prolly some friends will join me as well. estimated touring time is about 10-14 days starting in early september.

Thanks a lot,

regards

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Highlands and West coast are the best.

I would blitz over to Glasgow and then take the Loch Lomand Road. From there you can't go wrong if you keep to the A roads.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Head directly to Fort William via Glencoe and base yourself in that area which is an ideal base to head out from. As mentioned the west coast is the best but as you go firther north there are mostly single track roads which is great for scenery, but stressful dodging cars and sheep:rolleyes:
The Pass of the Cattle road to Applecross is a must as is Ellen Donnan Castle, and The Isle of Skye . Scotland is a very popular UK holiday destination so is very busy in June July and Aug.
I am heading back there in a few weeks time in Mid May for my third trip. It really is superb and I couldent reccomend it highly enough:yeah:

·
Registered
52 Posts
always wanted to do a wee tour of scotland
as I heard the roads and views are great.
always was told to do the lake district.

·
Registered
16 Posts
always wanted to do a wee tour of scotland
as I heard the roads and views are great.
always was told to do the lake district.
Lake district is actually tiny and can be done before lunch, its also always clogged with sightseers,but yes its certainly scenic. Scotland has fast and superb roads if only the rain stops;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
but then thats not far off what its like up here...look at last years nw200 lol
must plan a few runs over soon, always meaning to do it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
No

OH NO, NOOOO. :eek: Please dont turn our lovely motorcycle site into an advert for the "Jock Tourist Board".:D What with Independance and Our Oil/gas fields. Surely there should be new measures, a southbound immigration control, stretching the length of "The Antonine Wall" (Its still there, only needs a lick of paint).;) It is a little known, but much underused fact of law that, a Scotsman in a kilt, caught under the cover of darkness, within the walls of York, whether armed or not, can be legitimately killed on the spot with a sword.:) And quite rightly so from my experience. :abduct: All responses on a postcard To A.Salmond, Caledonian St, Ecosse. UK.

·
Life is too short to worry !
2,650 Posts
Dont forget the NE , The A93 Perth-Braemar is a particularly challenging road and very scenic as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts