Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past weekend me and a few of my buddies took the opportunity to get out of West Tx and enjoy the Texas Hill Country.... Its about a 5 hr drive for us to get down there so we left out Friday afternoon and Stayed at the http://www.yoranch.com/ In Kerrville.
Sat morning we when we started to leave we found that one of the guys bikes (KTM Superduke 990) wouldnt start......dead battery. So after about an hour od fighting with it we finally got it jumped off. We made it about 20 miles to the next town to get gas when we found that another bike (CFR 450r supermoto) had a flat. So we had to send a guy back to get the truck. They ended up finding a bike shop that was really cool.
Despite the rough start we still managed to put in 360 miles on saturday. We hit all the 3 sisters (337,336,335) and a few other good roads. Sunday we covered about another 150 miles.
the Hyper did awesome my only complaint was the DP race seat to hard to do that kinda milage on. One one of us took pic but here is his photo bucket http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b142/JimmySix/hill country trip/?start=all

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
very cool graphics on the fly screen and the tank. did you make these, or purchase them?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
its nice to see my old seat back in texas...lol yea that seat is good for track and commuting on a long trip you can handle it for about 45 min to an hour then need a stretch its alittle hard on the rearend.nice pict and your bike looks good as well.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
very cool graphics on the fly screen and the tank. did you make these, or purchase them?
I had the stripes painted on... It looks sweet. The gold really stands out in person.
Yup Disgo the seat was good for about 250miles after that it started to wear on me. I love the cut and shape of the seat , it fits really well. It just needs to be softer. How are you liking the comfort seat?

That photo might be a once in a life time pic.... The river there is normally about 2-3 ft higher. I have never seen it that low before... That part of Texas needs some rain! Bad!!!

·
Confirmed Addict
295 Posts
I had the DP seat, and while I prefered the looks....my new comfort gel seat is awesome. 3 hour side and no worries. Could not do more than 30 mins on the performance one. And I ride road bikes on the weekend..

I had the stripes painted on... It looks sweet. The gold really stands out in person.
Yup Disgo the seat was good for about 250miles after that it started to wear on me. I love the cut and shape of the seat , it fits really well. It just needs to be softer. How are you liking the comfort seat?

That photo might be a once in a life time pic.... The river there is normally about 2-3 ft higher. I have never seen it that low before... That part of Texas needs some rain! Bad!!!

·
Registered
327 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had the DP seat, and while I prefered the looks....my new comfort gel seat is awesome. 3 hour side and no worries. Could not do more than 30 mins on the performance one. And I ride road bikes on the weekend..
I traded my comfort seat to disgo cuz it made my butt go numb on long rides. The race seat is better for me but still isnt perfect. I think im going to try the sargent next.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
yea kingsnake havnt put to many miles on it yet for the time i used it felt really comfy.if your going to do a sargent dont buy their premade seat have a custom one made buy them with your stock seatpan and tell them exactly what your lookn for..i know some people on the forum that had some issues with their new hyper seat.

Attachments

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
You got that right, we could some, a lot of rain in Austin plus a break from the 50 or more straight days of 100 plus temps.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Disgo I sent you a PM on the seat.
Vduc I had heard the same thing about the 50+ days with out rain. how is that affecting SA and Austin water supply? Next time I hit the Hill Country Ill give you a heads up and maybe you can join in the fun and games for an afternoon :)
Next trip planned will either be a Big Bend run or possibly Ruidoso NM. Im not sure how good the roads are there.

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
Kingsnake if you ever make it toward Austin PM me. I did Big Bend my first year in TX on my Multi, had a blast. I better put on that big tank I bought, the tiny one on the Hyper won't cut it in Big Bend :D

I don't think we'd be hitting any these too soon here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts