Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Trip Odometer Discrepancy

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  kyle_01 
#1 ·
Almost forgot to post about this... so I, among others, have chimed in and given complaints about only getting 60 miles or so on the trip odometer before the reserve light comes on. Owing to the fact that my bike has a termi 2-1, airbox, dp ecu, 14t sprocket, etc I was learning to accept the fact that i'd created an italian pig. On this trip I just returned from (650mi. if you didn't read my other post) I was able to realize some things I had not previously (commuting back and forth to work or running around town) First off, my buddy on his Buell Lightning was next to me the whole time (with a fairly accurate GPS verified analog speedo/odometer) Just for kicks, I told him to run up to 70 on the nose and let me know. I was reading 77 to his 70.
Ok, this I can handle. What I discovered next really has my mind searching for an answer.. So we fuel up and hit the road. I tell him that we'll be stopping in approx. 70 miles. We do over a hundred (as clocked on his odometer, later approximated by the distance between cities we were travelling between) and my light just goes on. My trip odo says I've only gone 60 some odd miles.

How does my speedo read fast and my trip odo read way, way slow?? I didn't compare to the regular odo to see if that is off as well. I'm confused... But happy to find out that I actually am able to travel at least 100 miles between fuel stops. I mean come on, 60 miles vs 100... that's off a mile!
(pun intended)

Anyone else notice this?

See less See more
#3 ·
Just as Marksfriggen said, go to the dealer.

Mine did this as well, and when I went to the dealer they hooked up their computer. It said that there was updated software, and the problem went away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.