Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning a trip from Boston MA usa to anchorage alaska. Was wondering what must see places are along the way. Any amazing roads to cruise down

The one thing I really want to see is takakaw falls.

This is just the first leg of the trip. Will go from Alaska to Baja Mexico after and then back home.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Won't be doing this trip will 2018. But trying to set it up now. Figure out all of what needs to be done and maping it out

·
Registered
212 Posts
Did a cross country trip on my Blackbird last year and one of the surprise highlights of the trip was Idaho! Fantastic state for motorcycle roads and scenery. Just pick a twisty looking road on a map and go. If you`re going to be in Northern Cal then I highly recommend hwy 36 from just south of Fortuna, CA to Red Bluff. We were running a little short on time and took a short cut which was the 3 about halfway along going to Redding and WOW another fantastic road! Watch out for the steep drop-offs and no barriers!

Ray

·
Registered
6,963 Posts
Any road through BC is worth taking, if you can do a little research and you will see what I mean. I was going to say going around Lk Superior is pretty cool but I have a buddy that didn't like it. I guess you could say that about everything though.

·
Premium Member
3,365 Posts
from the map it looks like the middle third of Canada is like the great plains in the US... pretty flat and pretty straight roads (not super exciting), but the Canadian Rockies look awesome. In the east, I enjoyed riding in NE Ontario (Algonquin and east) but pretty much hated riding within 2 hours of Toronto (too much traffic). I'm also betting Nova Scotia and Newfoundland will both have some fun coast rides.

·
Anders in Vancouver BC
193 Posts
I'd love to hear an update on this. If you've started your adventure yet? Or decided on your route?

I'm originally from Boston and have been living in Vancouver BC since 2015. The roads here are EPIC! Pretty much everything this side of Calgary is spectacular. But from everything I've been told about Calgary to Montreal, it's not so exciting. As mentioned already, very flat, pretty industrial and not a lot of interesting roads. I've heard it is better to take roads westward through the US (even the 90), then traverse upwards through BC to Alaska which is where things get absolutely mind blowing. Obviously Banff and Jasper are out of this world. It's really hard to go wrong once you get to the west coast. The entire Pacific coastline is like motorcycling and photography nirvana.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes do not spend any time in Saskatchewan or Manitoba, I would skip eastern Alberta as well and stay in the USA as long as you can Canadian roads are rough compared to what you are used to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts