Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called Traxxion Dynamics this afternoon and talked to Dan. They have an AK-20 Axxion Cartridge Kit for the Hyper, although not yet listed on their application Chart. It is an "in-house only" installation because of some machining work. They do list several application that are in-house only.

There is about $200 in labor for the fork servicing and install in addition to the $999. price tag of the kit. I'll send my forks as soon as the season is over. That said, I won't be able to report anything until the spring (no pun intended ), damn the cold weather.

http://traxxion.com/detail.aspx

Tom

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
Didn't think about it, should have let them play with mine to develop the kit when I had them off last winter, they're right down the road from me.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Guys,

I too have been talking with Mike @ TRAXXION.

I've got their AK-20's in my Kwaka race bike and they are just brilliant. If someone gets a set for the Hyper I will look forward to the feedback as I believe these will be the business!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Guys,

I too have been talking with Mike @ TRAXXION.

I've got their AK-20's in my Kwaka race bike and they are just brilliant. If someone gets a set for the Hyper I will look forward to the feedback as I believe these will be the business!
I think I'd opt for the racetech kit over this one. $100 price difference when you factor in the shop charge and you can re-use the racetech kit in a future bike.

I had traxxion do two of my ohlins shocks in the past. They do great work.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I think I'd opt for the racetech kit over this one. $100 price difference when you factor in the shop charge and you can re-use the racetech kit in a future bike.

I had traxxion do two of my ohlins shocks in the past. They do great work.
racetech is also a 25mm cartridge so will give better damping. is re useable and the mods made to fit are not too destructive so you can refit your old ones.

I'd go the RT for the $100 extra (oh wait i did) they are proven on the road/track as they won pikes peak!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts