Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of AK-20 cartridges installed by Traxxion on my base model 2011 MTS1200.

The spring rate is .95 and I'm finding them too stiff for my weight and riding style and I want to go to a softer set.

Does this require removing the fork legs and AK-20 cartridge?.....or can it be done with the forks in place on the bike?

Thanks,

Northlight

·
Registered
99 Posts
Not being familiar with their cartridge, I'll take a shot anyway. In most cases you should be able to change springs without having to pull the legs off the bike, I know with Ohlins on several bikes its relatively simple and have seen the same techniques used on my standard MTS. The springs sit on top of the cartridge.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Talk with Traxxion

Had a god call with Mike at Traxxion Dynamics this morning.

Outlined my thoughts on a softer spring set for the Multi.

After looking into the records for my bike, he suggested a set of .90 front springs to replace the .95s.

The .90 springs need to be ordered so I may not have them to try for a week or two.

Also: Learned that it is indeed easy to change the springs. As ZoomGuy suggested, it's likely I can do the spring changes with the fork legs on the bike (move the bars out of the way, take off the caps, etc.).

I'll report back once it's done.

Northlight

1 - 3 of 3 Posts