Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi

I need to replace the transmission from my 900 ss 1995. I have found a good looking transmission from a 2000 st4 on ebay. From Brad Black's page I can see that the ratios are the same.

The input shaft seems to have the same part number but the output shaft has different number (14910241A on the st4 and 14910031A on the ss). 748, 916 have the same output shaft part number as the st4.

From the pics I can find on the net I can't see any obvious difference between the two. The front sprockets also seem to have identical mounting.

Does anyone know if the output shafts are compatible? Maybe the chain alignment is different? If I look really carefully at the pics, I think the front sprocket end of the shaft may be a little longer on the st4 transmission.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi

I need to replace the transmission from my 900 ss 1995. I have found a good looking transmission from a 2000 st4 on ebay. From Brad Black's page I can see that the ratios are the same.

The input shaft seems to have the same part number but the output shaft has different number (14910241A on the st4 and 14910031A on the ss). 748, 916 have the same output shaft part number as the st4

Ive got a nice one for a 900ss...I bought a while back just incase.

You can email me if you want to see pictures of it
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
the output shaft is 5mm longer at the sprocket mounting, same as all 916 onward 4v, all st, 900mie in both close and wide ratio.

which is why the 900mie has a unique offset sprocket.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, thanks for the valuable information. I guess I can go with the 916 type output shaft but that will require using different front sprocket. Or machining a new groove for the front sprocket holder plate.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok, thanks for the valuable information. I guess I can go with the 916 type output shaft but that will require using different front sprocket. Or machining a new groove for the front sprocket holder plate.
I sent you some pictures did you receive them?

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts