Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New HM owner here and new to this forum. Got a great deal on a low mileage 2008 with a lot of upgrades, exhaust, mirrors, seat, etc. Would anyone be interested in trading a Ducati Performance Racing seat for the Low comfort seat? I'm a little on the short side and I think the adjustable link and seat will make life easier for me.

Happy to take pictures but it shows as new.

And I apologize if this is posted in the wrong area and I can move it to classifieds but thought this might get more interest here.

Jim

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Opposite issue, buy hey?

New HM owner here and new to this forum. Got a great deal on a low mileage 2008 with a lot of upgrades, exhaust, mirrors, seat, etc. Would anyone be interested in trading a Ducati Performance Racing seat for the Low comfort seat? I'm a little on the short side and I think the adjustable link and seat will make life easier for me.

Happy to take pictures but it shows as new.

And I apologize if this is posted in the wrong area and I can move it to classifieds but thought this might get more interest here.

Jim
Well, I can't help you with the low seat but I am interested in taking that racing seat off your hands if you find a low you want to purchase.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would be interested in a trade, bought a bike a month ago with 1800 miles on it (now has 2200) has the DP lower softer seat on it and was looking at just getting the race seat and selling this one.
http://www.ducati.com/shop/product.jsp?catid=cat1380105&prodid=prod1220124
if you want to trade for the race I would be all for it, I can take a pic tomorrow and send it to you.
Send me a PM!

·
Registered
36 Posts
The low comfort seat does not sit any lower than the "race seat" although it is more comfy! Just an FYI!! Im 5'10" with a 29" inseam. I have the DP race seat that is lower than the stock seat. You learn to tip-toe it ala motocross style!!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
race seat

The low comfort seat does not sit any lower than the "race seat" although it is more comfy! Just an FYI!! Im 5'10" with a 29" inseam. I have the DP race seat that is lower than the stock seat. You learn to tip-toe it ala motocross style!!
Well, I am flat footed on the stock seat so i wish there was actually a taller option. Question, the Race Seat, is it any better in terms of comfort than the stock seat?

I like the idea of being pushed up on the tank more and hopefully not sliding back as much but I would really like my butt to go numb before the tank runs dry.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well, I am flat footed on the stock seat so i wish there was actually a taller option. Question, the Race Seat, is it any better in terms of comfort than the stock seat?

I like the idea of being pushed up on the tank more and hopefully not sliding back as much but I would really like my butt to go numb before the tank runs dry.
The"Race seat"is a comfortable gel seat much better than stock but still not as nice as the"Comfort seat". With the stock seat I was hurting after 10 minutes I can at least ride an hour with the race seat without soor butt!! ;)

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Race or Sargent seat wanted

The"Race seat"is a comfortable gel seat much better than stock but still not as nice as the"Comfort seat". With the stock seat I was hurting after 10 minutes I can at least ride an hour with the race seat without soor butt!! ;)
Thanks for the reply.

Looks like I am firmly in the market for a Race, Sargent or some other custom type solution.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.