Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Trackday Picture Thread

518K views 1K replies 535 participants last post by  fps13 
#1 ·
I was hoping we could start a trackday/race picture thread like the superbike picture thread. I am curious to see what some of your bikes look like in race track trim or street trim on a track. I am hoping to get some track bodywork for my 999 and I figured a thread like this could be good inspiration and eye candy for anyone interested in trackdays. Maybe if this thread takes off we could sticky it?

Thanks,

Nick

#185 ·
Fisrt Track Day on my 05 749s. These pictures are kind of boring since their all on the front str8 but I was bored during class so I decided to upload them anyways.:cool:

Me setting up

My Dad's 999r and Uncle's 1098s

Trying to get away from the 1098 lol

Same turn a couple of months back on my bmw g650 xmoto (notice the fall before the apex now thats some skills lol)

#195 ·
i'm not pedrosa, but around 150-160...i think bob said he was 180 or so. so i need a lighter rear spring...

finally motowheels got speedcell battery and i ordered the last one :) so next will be flywheel and fuelcel tank...

#196 ·
i'm not pedrosa, but around 150-160...i think bob said he was 180 or so. so i need a lighter rear spring...
Yep, your right, you'll need a slightly lighter spring. I was using a -19 70nm spring and it worked well.

finally motowheels got speedcell battery and i ordered the last one :) so next will be flywheel and fuelcel tank...
Kool, good stuff! PM me if you have questions about lightning that bike, I've done a lot of lightning mods. ;)

OK lets go back to pictures! :abduct:

#200 ·
Njmp

NJMP
May 21 2009

Attachments

#209 ·
ADVICE FROM SERIOUS TRACK RIDERS or RACERS

Am I leaning the bike too much? These are the pictures from my last track day... I appreciate constructive criticism.

thanks

Attachments

#218 ·
Am I leaning the bike too much? These are the pictures from my last track day... I appreciate constructive criticism.

thanks
Like RENCRN8 said, you gotta do what works for you.
Personally I think you look fantastic out there. Bike has a ton of lean angle, only think I would suggest is get your head down there to match it. But again, everyone rides different and still wins races with their own style.

Your body position looks better than a lot of peoples.

I answer your question with a question... Does the amount of lean angle hinder you from getting on the gas as early and as hard as you would like?

If your answer is no, then it seems to be working for you. If the answer is yes, then you could probably get your butt off the seat a little more and get your head and shoulders down towards where your mirror would be.

Noone can really tell you what will work best for you, but there is theory that tells us what should work.

Look at guys like Bwhip and Indetrucks form and you will see what you should strive for.

I think you look pretty good on it there as far as a still picture goes. Are you carrying good corner speed or are you just trying to lean as much as possible?
Thnks man... :)

I hear it all from Bad BP to nice BP, of course the kind words are appreciated more ;)

#211 ·
Your body position looks better than a lot of peoples.

I answer your question with a question... Does the amount of lean angle hinder you from getting on the gas as early and as hard as you would like?

If your answer is no, then it seems to be working for you. If the answer is yes, then you could probably get your butt off the seat a little more and get your head and shoulders down towards where your mirror would be.

Noone can really tell you what will work best for you, but there is theory that tells us what should work.

Look at guys like Bwhip and Indetrucks form and you will see what you should strive for.

I think you look pretty good on it there as far as a still picture goes. Are you carrying good corner speed or are you just trying to lean as much as possible?

#213 ·
Thanks... I'm still trying to work on the body position and i think it's getting there. Sometimes i get it right sometimes i cant get my ass out as much as i want.

I do carry good corner speed, but really fast guys probably carry much more speed. I can actually slowly accelarate throughtout the corner. the turn on the picture is a bowl like a turn and i try to come a bit wide and close in to the late apex by leaning...

Thanks for the response...