Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1201 - 1220 of 1313 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
959 Debut at Barber

Took the 959 to Barber last weekend after it came back from paint. What a fantastic facility!!! I believe the pic below is turn 10.

I had a low side in turn 2 early in the weekend but came out relatively well. (first off in 4 years and I never had an off on my 848 that was held together with duct tape - go figure) Clip on replaced in 20 minutes and I only missed 3rd session because I forgot to put warmers on returning to the pits.

The 959 is an outstanding track day weapon. It turns in like a dream and has great grunt!!

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Have hit the rev limiter several times on corner exists but my 2006 749 just keeps going strong! Added a "749" sticker from ebay. All stock except suspension. Considering a full exhaust system and tune as next upgrade.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
And on cheese cutters too aren't people funny . I hope it had a ohlins front end

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Not even upsidedowners. Yamaha factory kitted front, online rear.
They actually weren't cheese cutters Jonny, they were 17's fitted with those horrible Dunlop triangle profile tyres. Nervous on the straight and the bike felt like it wanted to low-side on corner entry but they had fantastic (for the day) edge grip.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Being I am late to the party on the superbike side of the forum. Here's a shot of me on the 749 going slow around Putnam Park in novice class. :)

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Track Day @ Palm Beach . Put Dunlap slicks on and with the new brakes the bike was totally transformed. Next month i hope to have the 996 going with the new motor, hoping for 130+ rear hp.

Attachments

·
Gold Member
22 Posts
Laguna Seca - June 2015

Not much going on on this thread in the winter time, so these are from awhile back. Definitely was a bucket list weekend - I spent two days there. I may visit Laguna Seca again this coming June. I'd like a shot a dialing in the corkscrew a little better. I will say that the entire section from the top of the screw (Turn 8a) through Turn 10 is one of the best roller coasters ever.

Attachments

1201 - 1220 of 1313 Posts