Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

101 - 120 of 1309 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ok...you boys on the 1098s as your track weapon, very jealous you lucky buggers.

I don't enjoy riding my Ducatis a fraction anywhere else as much as I do on the track and racing.
My bike is a 2005 749 Dark, she has a clean title but will never see the road again:)
I have upgraded to TIN coated Showa forks off an S and also changed out the rear Sachs to a Showa off an S as well. I have Woodcraft clip-ons. Termi slip-on system, power commander and usual clutch changes.I am running the aluminum monoposto subframe off a 999 and have the DP racing front stay with harness. I am surprised I haven't seen anyone mention Catalyst Racing Composites for bodywork....I have them and have been down twice pretty hard. They held up perfectly. The finish was awesome and fit perfect.

Here are some from 2008

Here are some from 2007

·
Registered
342 Posts
Stasher, I have to reiterate that that is one of the smartest looking paint jobs I have seen!
Agreed!! I posted it in another thread (on Kneeriders perhaps), but that paint job is Bad Ass! :cool: You look great out there - in the first photo are you looking at the photographer on purpose? If not, that is a really excellent example of looking through the turn. If so, then it still makes a cool photo. :D

Boosted and Inde - you two have my votes also for the Style Awards. :cool: You guys need elbow sliders. :p

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
stasher ... nice bike... and nice pics as well.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Boosted....bad ass pics buddy.
You have the "squatted frog" dialed in perfectly.

Thanks for the props on my bike this year guys, I appreciate the kind words.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My 996 with minimal track day setup. Removed headlights, taillights, etc. at suggestion of someone very helpful I met on flight to LA (likely saved me $hundreds after minor crash) -- blocked light holes in stock bodywork with formed cardboard covered in decal adhesive. Didn't look too bad. But stock bodywork not recommended IMO as you will likely crash (or even drop on trailer as I unfortunately did) and soon be in market for costly replacement bodywork. I'm working now on setting up with race bodywork, aftermarket instrument/fairing stay, etc. -- and sliders wherever I can put them (fairing, forks, etc.). Also recommended in my experience & opinion -- water pump protection of some kind (DesmoTimes has a cover guard I believe).

Attachments

101 - 120 of 1309 Posts