Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

81 - 100 of 1297 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
First Track Day!!!

Finished my first track day a couple weeks ago at the nashville superspeed way. Totally amazing experience, could be one of the best weekends ever

First and Only Knee slide... a little "wtf?!" moment when I touched the track with the slider.

My outside knee kicks out more than the inside, on the right side esp. My instructor told me about this a couple times... I have to figure this out in the next track day:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Finished my first track day a couple weeks ago at the nashville superspeed way. Totally amazing experience, could be one of the best weekends ever

First and Only Knee slide... a little "wtf?!" moment when I touched the track with the slider.

i can tell your leaning angel is not so guud by looking at ur head position.. go watch how those motogp guys do it.
you have to get off the bike, pull ur bike down, then this point stick ur knee out to make sure
you don't go too low and also hold your bike up..

the purpose of dragging your knee for me is to hold up my bike and its a feedback tool to let me know how low im leaning. other then that draggknee is a waste of pucks and slow you down.
\\\look through corner/////

·
Registered
857 Posts
i can tell your leaning angel is not so guud by looking at ur head position.. go watch how those motogp guys do it.
you have to get off the bike, pull ur bike down, then this point stick ur knee out to make sure
you don't go too low and also hold your bike up..

the purpose of dragging your knee for me is to hold up my bike and its a feedback tool to let me know how low im leaning. other then that draggknee is a waste of pucks and slow you down.
\\\look through corner/////
I agree with you... I didn't realize the ugliness of my form until I saw the pictures the next day :eek:. I will work on it the next time :). Knee sliding has been a taboo since I was a kid :D It's a feeling of accomplishment although it might not mean anything :)

oh, btw... I see your outer knee popping out too... Is this normal? My instructor kept on telling me how I should hug the tank with the outer thigh for grip while leaning. He told me that popping the outer knee counter acts the leaning... I did see quite a few people popping the knee out... that's one thing I should work on the next time.

·
wishes it was summer
697 Posts
I agree with you... I didn't realize the ugliness of my form until I saw the pictures the next day :eek:. I will work on it the next time :). Knee sliding has been a taboo since I was a kid :D It's a feeling of accomplishment although it might not mean anything :)

oh, btw... I see your outer knee popping out too... Is this normal? My instructor kept on telling me how I should hug the tank with the outer thigh for grip while leaning. He told me that popping the outer knee counter acts the leaning... I did see quite a few people popping the knee out... that's one thing I should work on the next time.
IMO the reason the knee pops out is because of the narrowness of the tank on Ducatis. My outside knee looks like it is sticking out also. I believe that on Japanese bikes the tanks are wide and the angle of the tank follows the natural direction of your outside knee as you are hanging off so it doesn't look like it sticks out much.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
You shouldn't use your knee to keep you up, its just a way to judge lean angle. Most of us can't use it properly, I actually judge my lean angle if my boot scrapes the ground, since I'm not really riding on anything OEM. You'll notice most professional road racers, don't continuously drag knee's that much since there lines put there knees right over the rumble strips. They grab knee sure, but its a quick down and up again, gotta put that leg somewhere...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
818 Posts
These are little old, Grattan 2004 Sportbiketracktime.com event. The bike has gone through a few changes since then

Attachments

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Here is one from Jennings.

Here is one from Jennings also but at a Star Trackday.

And one from Little Tally GP.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Tye1138,

Your pictures show white plates on the bike, yet your status is not expert. Why the white plates?
WERA is the only race group I know that has yellow plates for noobs. I'll just throw on some yellow tape when I do the first few WERA races of the year. Don't forget, I'm doing WSMC every month and I'm expert in WSMC, though I choose to stay in the Novice races because I have a good chance of being #1 in Novice, why not? One more race and we'll find out! ;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
WSMC expert? But I thought you just started racing? What categories do they have?
They do everything WERA does, but for Novice, they've only got 3 classes; Heavy, Middle, Light. I had to ride my 748 in heavyweight with liter bikes and after 3 races with them, I think I'm top 3 out of 40 or so. I'm gonna run one more Novice race before the season is over, mainly to save money and see if I can be #1... Why not right? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
145 Posts
No real action but..

It was taken on the track while waiting for some debris to be cleared..Just something about the pic that to me is interesting..

and another shot of a spot made famous once again during this years MotoGp..

I might add that I am about to get eaten alive by those guys at the top :)

81 - 100 of 1297 Posts