Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

61 - 80 of 1298 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
TWhen you say the sweet spot is between 5000 to 5500rpm do you rev the throttle to that rpm with the clutch engaged and then let out the clutch with care when the light turns green or just dump it?
I rev up to 5-5.500rpm, keep it there steady with the clutch engaged. At green light I crack the throttle to almost full (say 90-95%) open and disengage the clutch to almost full, I just hold it a tiny little bit, as soon as I'm off the line, put feet on pegs, full open throttle and full disengagement of the clutch. Just need to lean forward much as to not wheelie the bike (something I did and almost crashed in my last start... :eek:)

:)

^

Απο τις Σερρες ειναι αυτες οι φωτογραφιες; Μπορει να σε δω εκει του χρονου. Θα φοραω και γω Rossi Replica
When you're over here Matt, we'll do a track attack thing for sure :) And yes the above pics are from Serres.

·
Registered
7 Posts
indetrucks, I just wanted to congratulate you on your good form out there. Man, you are lookin' great! You're so low that it looks like it would hardly hurt of you low sided. There's not much side left! Man, good job! Does anyone have any Hyper track pics? I have heard of 3 cases where guys on Hyper's have punched their footpegs into the tarmac and got off as a result. On the other hand, one just won Pikes Peak, and I have ground down the pegs without a problem. Has anyone else heard this possible "myth"?

·
Registered
443 Posts
indetrucks, I just wanted to congratulate you on your good form out there. Man, you are lookin' great! You're so low that it looks like it would hardly hurt of you low sided. There's not much side left! Man, good job! Does anyone have any Hyper track pics? I have heard of 3 cases where guys on Hyper's have punched their footpegs into the tarmac and got off as a result. On the other hand, one just won Pikes Peak, and I have ground down the pegs without a problem. Has anyone else heard this possible "myth"?
It's not a "myth" and I've seen some friends of mine that usually track their Hypers that they use/have installed those red skid plates that Ducati Performance offers.

Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
701 Posts
yep, i think indetrucks has one of the best forms so far on here...boostedt0y has a very good form as well...

indetrucks, what tires do you run on the 999?

·
Registered
748 Posts
indetrucks, I just wanted to congratulate you on your good form out there. Man, you are lookin' great! You're so low that it looks like it would hardly hurt of you low sided. There's not much side left! Man, good job!
Thanks a lot! I'm really starting to work on my form and not so much speed. Getting smoother is taking priority for me right now :)
Just finishing up my first season on the track and getting some great pointers from everyone.

yep, i think indetrucks has one of the best forms so far on here...boostedt0y has a very good form as well...

Hey thanks guys!

Tires I'm running are Dunlop NTEC Slicks 195/65/17

·
Registered
178 Posts
^

Απο τις Σερρες ειναι αυτες οι φωτογραφιες; Μπορει να σε δω εκει του χρονου. Θα φοραω και γω Rossi Replica ;)
Ναι, απο Σερρες. Οταν ερθεις γραψε εδω http://www.ducatisti.gr/phpBB3/index.php για να βρεθουμε

Μανωλης

·
wishes it was summer
697 Posts

Indetrucks has awesome form!!! I am flattered that someone would even bother bringing my name up as well. Thanks! I need to work on getting faster, braking deeper and passing rather than posing though :(

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Indetrucks has awesome form!!! I am flattered that someone would even bother bringing my name up as well. Thanks! I need to work on getting faster, braking deeper and passing rather than posing though :(
Well, you both do have good form, can't deny the truth! Trust me when I say this, I try REALLY HARD to copy others body position when riding and I just can't do it on yee-ol 748... I'm looking forward to experimenting with other body position's with the 749 :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
71 Posts
A couple from this past weekend's Ducati Track Day...

And yes, that's a 1098r in front of me...

I love looking at the great body position of some of you. I'll continue to be working on mine at the next track day.

·
wishes it was summer
697 Posts

I love looking at the great body position of some of you. I'll continue to be working on mine at the next track day.
Carlo-Looking good out there! The fairings look great!

·
Registered
43 Posts
A few from my 2nd ever trackday (1st on the Duc). Turn 5 at the Streets of Willow.

I had posted these pics in a rave review of the Reg Pridmore CLASS in another thread, but I am f#*king off at work and found this thread and thought that it would be appropriate to throw it in here. I have not yet figured out how to make the pictures appear in the post yet, so they are attachments instead.

Attachments

·
Registered
701 Posts
keep it up...i constantly try to work on my form...once i get the form down and do it as a second nature i will worry about going really really fast....i dont think i'm a slow rider giving i've only done 5 track days and i'm already in advanced group and able to keep up with some of the guys...:D

next year (it's already getting cold in NY) should be a fun year...hopefully with a full track only bike:)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Carlo-Looking good out there! The fairings look great!
Yup, love how the fairings look! Thanks again for getting that to me.

I'm going to try and get the tail on later this year when I have time to mess around with it since it's not quite a direct fit for my bike.

Now I just need to get enough practice to start getting the body position correct on the bike so I can go faster!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

Sucks when you get held up by slower bikes in front, doesn´t it? :D

61 - 80 of 1298 Posts