Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1298 Posts

·
Banned
11,256 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
MR Gonzo, Awfully good form, for a level 1 rider! Was that your first track day or something? Don't you belong in level 3 with the fast guys?

Hey, I've got one of those!!!

HAHA nice! yeah i moved up to level 2 that day, i can run with the front runners in most level 2 groups, not sure if im ready for level 3 yet

·
Registered
857 Posts
Yay! I am pumped... My first track day is 4 days away... Any other Duc rider going to Nashville Speedway this weekend?

Haven't seen many axle sliders in the pictures. Is there a theory against the axle sliders?

·
Banned
11,256 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Nothing wrong with them at all... For me, they're a pain in the ass as I'm replacing tires every time I hit the track. :eek:

I think a lot of guys are using under-fairing frame sliders, you just can't see them.
I have sliders on both axles and the under-body frame sliders.

Put them all on, won't regret it :cool:

(although - as Tye said - when replacing tires on track is a bit time consuming, but even so just go on and put them on!)

·
Banned
11,256 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
I hope it's ok to post a little video here :think: (I tried to uploaded here but I am getting "invalid file" all the time... so uploaded on youtube instead)

This was my first ever official race, last July at Serres circuit. I qualified in the fifth row (not bad but not good either) but did a great start and turned 4th in turn 1 :cool:. Result: 3rd in the "new riders" category :D and 7th overall.

Enjoy (14secs but still I enjoyed it :D)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JldRPHQWfQM

(not much of a video but i think it captures all there is to capture)

·
Registered
193 Posts
I hope it's ok to post a little video here :think: (I tried to uploaded here but I am getting "invalid file" all the time... so uploaded on youtube instead)

This was my first ever official race, last July at Serres circuit. I qualified in the fifth row (not bad but not good either) but did a great start and turned 4th in turn 1 :cool:. Result: 3rd in the "new riders" category :D and 7th overall.

what a [email protected]#$% you killed it

·
Registered
857 Posts
IThis was my first ever official race, last July at Serres circuit. I qualified in the fifth row (not bad but not good either) but did a great start and turned 4th in turn 1 :cool:. Result: 3rd in the "new riders" category :D and 7th overall.

Great start... u uber pwned 'em

·
Registered
357 Posts

Fifth row to 4th!! I could handle watching the whole race after that launch! Very nice!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Than you for your kind words guys :). Actually that start was followed by two absolutely miserable starts in the following 2 races :(. I was wheeliing almost out of control and didn't gain much up to turn 1.
Imho what it takes to make a really good start off the line, is to match clutch slip with maximum possible power and traction. I have done a few pratcise starts and I think I'm getting better. The "sweet" spot of the rpms on the grid for my bike is around 5-5.500rpm, if I exceed that then a wheelie is almost certain and rear brake or use of the clutch is obligatory.

Thanks again for the comments. As for the video of the race, unfortunately I have no more footage :(, just photos and another short video of another start.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #59

That launch was insane! I bet the rest of the guys thought you had some corse gp launch control. When you say the sweet spot is between 5000 to 5500rpm do you rev the throttle to that rpm with the clutch engaged and then let out the clutch with care when the light turns green or just dump it?

Pretty cool to see the diff in your start versus the other guys.

41 - 60 of 1298 Posts