Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1290 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Wearing her street clothes, at Hallett Motorsports Park near Tulsa, OK on 9/7/08. My first track day. My form needs a little work, and my knee puck velcro on my pants needs to be moved lower on my leg...

Doing some 'outside only' passing:

Here's a guy having not-so-much fun right in front of me:

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Me on my 748 and when I borrowed Troy's bike!:D

Yeah right...haha... but that is me on my 748 a while ago, buy my new track tool is a gsxr now! :(

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
These pic's are awesome keep em coming. I got a question. Does anyone have experience with DP fiberglass bodies?? How's the quality and fit??

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Here's the catch with fiberglass.

You don't want hard stuff, its too brittle. The stuff you want is similar to shark skinz, which is a bit more flexible. I'm always shocked how flexible the shark skinz are, compared with E-racings or DP for example. I have a friend with DP fairings and its hard to stretch them onto his bike, he couldn't use extended frame sliders because the fairing simply wouldn't stretch.

As somebody else pointed out in a previous post, shark skins are pricey because they're the best. If you don't need or want the best, save money, get the E-Racings, they're STUPID cheap and for the price of 1 set of shark skins you can get two! This way, when you crash, you've got a spare set waiting! Its what I'm gonna end up doing...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
OMG, I wanna go to new hampshire international speedway SOOOO badly! I was there this summer for a race event, sans motorcycle!!! AAK!!! I was so pissed off, I wanted to race so badly! I didn't have any of my gear, or I would have just rented a bike...:D
dood, lets go on a one month track tour, hit all the trackdays around the western states in a month.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
dood, lets go on a one month track tour, hit all the trackdays around the western states in a month.
I've been thinking about a WERA tour for a while. A track day wouldn't mean enough, racing on the track, would be worth while. I know somebody who wasn't a good rider, but one the WERA championship because he showed up to every single race! Its gonna take me another year of riding to become fast enough for a stunt like that. I'm seriously debating buying an RV and working from the road for a year! WOW, what a hoot that would be! :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
16 Posts
^^ Dude, how tall are you?!?!? You make those dukes there look like toys.
Good job, BTW! ;-)

@~Christian: man you ride like a pro if not better, like Xaus but without kissing the asphalt at each corner, lol. I really envy your skills! ;-)

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Here's the catch with fiberglass.

You don't want hard stuff, its too brittle. The stuff you want is similar to shark skinz, which is a bit more flexible. I'm always shocked how flexible the shark skinz are, compared with E-racings or DP for example. I have a friend with DP fairings and its hard to stretch them onto his bike, he couldn't use extended frame sliders because the fairing simply wouldn't stretch.

As somebody else pointed out in a previous post, shark skins are pricey because they're the best. If you don't need or want the best, save money, get the E-Racings, they're STUPID cheap and for the price of 1 set of shark skins you can get two! This way, when you crash, you've got a spare set waiting! Its what I'm gonna end up doing...
tye,

Thank you so much for that. So the DP ones are rock hard compared to the shark skinz?

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
tye,

Thank you so much for that. So the DP ones are rock hard compared to the shark skinz?
Hard and expensive! At least with Shark Skins, they're made in the US, so your not having to pay for import taxes and such. If you had a xx8 bike, I'd say, find a nice used set of REAL carbon fiber DP fairings, they're schweet! But the xx9 and newer, its much nicer to have the shark skinz due to the design and flexibility.

21 - 40 of 1290 Posts