Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just signed up for Saturday August 29th with Team Promotion at NJMP Lightning track.
Lightning is a fun and fast track... not as technical as Thunderbolt though.
Link to track info:
http://www.njmp.com/tracks.html

In order to register, you have to sign up as a new guest for free (among other paid membership programs), and then would be able to register for the event...
https://www.shopphilly.com/teampromotion/appus.php

Anyone interested in coming along or heading there for that trackday?

~k

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Commonwealth Ducati/Triumph is having a track day at Putnam Park, IN 27 August. Last I knew there were still spots open.

Taking out my new race bike (umm a Triumph) for some testing and tuning.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Kuocki, if I bring my R6 will you guys still let me hang out?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's great... the more the merrier!
maxpr1 and I are planning to head down Friday night.
Where will you all be staying?
We should pit next to each other.
Chris, we'll surely look for you and say hi.
I'm riding a yellow sport classic (there aren't many of those on the track usually)
maxpr1 will probably be riding his R6...
another friend of ours will be riding an 848
it's the first time we sign up with team promotion. so, we'll probably be group 1, and hope to get bumped into group 2.
Looking forward to meeting you guys!!

~k

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Yo koucki I just signed up for saturday at lightening. I can't get there untill saturday morning. Can we pit together? I've not been there before. So let me know some of the tricks.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yo koucki I just signed up for saturday at lightening. I can't get there untill saturday morning. Can we pit together? I've not been there before. So let me know some of the tricks.
that is AWESOME!!!!
here's a great thread on first trackday advice
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=69667

of course you're more than welcome to pit with us.
maxpr1 has a canopy, portable gas tank, we each bring our own chair, along with a cooler filled with water, gatorade, bananas (great source of potassium), and lunch.
you can tape your turn signals and lights at the track early in the morning, before inspection.

we're planning to be at the track around 7 or 7:30

I'll shoot you a PM for more info.

~k

·
Registered
251 Posts
Awsome! It'll be great to meet another SE rider!:D

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
That was a great day of riding. Slowly picking up the pace as things dried out. Those first few laps were pretty scary. I am uploading a video of max following me in session 3. Still a bit wet. Looks like I held up a lot of guys. Riding the track was easy compared to the ride home. I never drove in rain that bad. Somehow it was perfectly sunny and pouring at the same time.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Kuocki and Papawheelie, it was good hanging with you guys and thanks for a great day at the track. The skies cleared up and the sun finally came out, I am glad we stayed, we would have regretted leaving for sure. Can't wait to see the pictures and videos and let me know when the next time anybody wants to go riding again!:D

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Turn 1 and Turn 7 pictures

it was great hanging out with you guys!! The trackday was incredible! Great weather, and not crowded at all...
I haven't had the chance to work on the videos and pictures yet, but here are great cropped shots of you on turn 1 (after the long straight) and turn 7 (the 90' left hander).
Also, papawheelie, you took that great shot of me on turn 1! Thanks!!
I'll post all pictures and videos (mostly of Chris) online tomorrow.
Enjoy!!!

~k

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
Kuocki... you are one badass looking dude on that thing!!! Great shots of everyone. Hope nobody on the forum will hold it against me for showing up on a Jap Bike:D

·
Registered
36 Posts
i'm on

What's up!! it's Sal, I joined your forum. saturday was great. Sunday was awesome. I rode with one of the coaches. he said i looked good except i missed 2 apexes. he showed them to me and i really picked up the speed in the straight, turn 1 and 2. I was too tired to get evalueated. So, i'm saving it for this sat. Penguin school was good. But, The track wasn't.. very bumpy and distracting. it was worth it to reinforce the basics and to finally get my knees down..... For the price I would recommend it. nice guys and lots of 1 on 1.
let's try to put one more trackday together this season.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts