Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last year i fitted michelins 2ct's to my bike for track days i found them to be very good they covered about 200 miles my question is at what point do you change them is there a wear point on the tire and what is your opinion on them
rain tires what are good do you change tires on a wet day or do you have a spare ser of wheels

·
Registered
350 Posts
I too run 2CTs on my track bike. I run them until I have 1/4 the wear on the sides as I do the middle. I predononately run on RH tracks, so the right side gets well worn. The center looks quite new.

If you replace the tire when there is about 1/4 of the depth on the right side vs the center, then the tire still has sufficient life for use on your streetbike (where the center is used more than the sides.)

I'm going to try a set of super corsas this summer. I've been told that they have more grip than the 2ct. I don't have tire warmers, so I stick (no pun intended) to high performance street tires.

I will say that checking your tire pressures each session will extend the life of your tires. I typically start the morning session with my tires set to 28rear/29 front, and adjust the pressures before each session.

My 2c.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I'm a Bridgestone fan and like the BT-002's. Haven't tried the RS yet but it will be next. My experience is with the 002 Pro's, a full on track DOT tire. The RS is a hybrid and would be the counterpart to your 2CT, which is plenty tire for me.

I personally stick with 4 days, period. Not only are fresh, new tires cheap insurance but it's IMO the best-bang-for-the-buck mod you can do to a bike. Nothing beats the feel of a new set of shoes.

I arrived at my 4 day requirement due to the fact at the end of the 4th day on my last set of 002's, they were just starting to delaminate from heat cycles. The RS's should be a lot less susceptible to heat cycles than the Pro's, but it's still my rule of thumb. Confidence is EVERYTHING on the track (no matter where you derive yours from) and tires after 4 days is where I get mine.

I also don't track in the rain so can't help you there.

Oh...and don't be scared to throw a period or some type of punctuation in your scentences from time to time. We wont hold it against you.;) :)

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
How long the tire will last will also depend on how you ride. I know guys that got a weekend at beverrun out of a set of pilot powers. I am slow enough to make the same tires last a season 10-12 days.
The 2ct work well in the rain for a street tire, dont try and us them as a full rain tire.
If you can afford it rains on a second set of wheels are said to be wicked fun in a downpour.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts