Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at Summit Main 5/5. Main focus of the day was to work on my body position and also on gripping the tank with my legs so my shoulders didn't get tired from braking. We only got 6 sessions due to an advanced rider going down late in the day. But I had lots of fun trying different things like different gears through turns (4th instead of 3rd). Looking forward to 5/22 at Summit Main.

Here are my pics online. Nothing great but it's better than the last set of pics.

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventthumbs?event=03HV00A458&start=0&ts=1147472797

I got these things to help me grip the tank better. We'll see how they do at 5/22. Also got a laptimer so it should be interesting timing myself throughout the day.

www.techspec-usa.com

·
Registered
709 Posts
Alright Sam!!!! Kudu's to you.

6 thumbs up to you brother. Your body position is good, and you are really looking ahead...like way down track. That is excellent man.
Very good form. Good pics. in T-5, and through the carousel.

I'm glad you had a good time w/ no mechanical issues [such as you are suffering through w/ your streetbike]

I can't be down there on the 22nd. but I'll be at main for Memorial day 27-29 weekend. I usually pit/camp either up on the hill next to race control, or in the corner directly across from the tech shed.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Turn 6 is the one turn I'm still not comfortable with. For some reason I kept glancing down still at the concrete. Something about the turn. I'll work on that more next time. I don't worry about the concrete in turn 1 or 5 much anymore. What is encouraging is that the CR's for the past few track days have said I am doing everything right I just need to work on body position. On 5/5 I improved on it after a CR gave me some tips after the first session.

I know the hill you mean and I think I know the tech shed area too. I may head up there to watch the races that weekend then. I was at the WERA races a few weeks ago.

Actually my streetbike isn't really giving me too many problems. I made the problems due to my lack of mechanical skills. :) But she'll be all fixed here soon and I'll be on the street soon. I'm half tempted to try the 996 at the track one time.

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
Looking good. :)

But how many different surfaces are there on that track?, looks like there's 3 lanes on one turn.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In 3 turns on the track, turn 1, turn 5 and turn 6 there are big concrete patches. They are actually where you want to be. Takes a bit to get used to though.

Look here and you can see a diagram of the turns. Click on the "3 tracks" link at the top and then the "Summit Point Circuit" track. That's what's called Main.

http://www.summitpoint-raceway.com/

·
Registered
407 Posts
Nice pics - good consistent form!

Without seeing the entire turn layout, I'll take a shot at a recommendation that might be of value.....next time try to get closer to the apex cones, it appears that there is a lot of available tarmac that you can utilize - it will smooth out your lines and allow you to increase the corner speed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts