Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Am installing Sharkskinz, so the sidestand has to be removed.
I took it out all the way to the connector plug. The bike will obviously shut down when I put it in first gear. Any quick DIY way around this ?
Do mind that immediately after my track day it needs to go back to 'street'.
Thanks !

·
Registered
40 Posts
How about unbolting the switch from the stand, putting it in the "up" position, and plugging it in and zip tying it up out of the way on the frame?

Other solutions would be cutting out the sharkskinz fairing to allow the kickstand to fit behind it, even if it wont fold down, or finding another kickstand switch off of ebay and cutting it right behind the plug and splicing the wires together.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
You can go to the connector that is towards the front of the engine (follow the switch line from the kick stand) and run a wire from one 'hole' to the other. Test it, if it works then electrical tape it up.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I usually just unbolt the switch from the stand keep it in the up position and zip tie it to the battery holder. Simple and effective and easy as pie to put the switch back on for street duty.

mark:D

·
Registered
525 Posts
You can also just put a safety pin pushed through both wires. This will close the circuit. Then just remove the pin when you put the stand back on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts