Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm from the USA but may be in Stuttgart, Germany for 3 years starting August 2012.

Here in the USA I have a V8 Nissan Titan and a utility trailer to tow my bike (Hypermotard 1100) to the track for track days. This does not seem practical in the EU.

How do you get your bike(s) to the tracks? Do you ride to the track? Tow behind Mercedes diesel?

What credentials do I need to participate in track days? I was a club racer here and held an AMA road racing license in 1999, is that good enough?

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
671 Posts
How to:

Look for something similar to a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van to track your Hypermotard: Mercedes-Benz Sprinter: Passenger Van Highlights
I'd consider selling the Titan before you go as I doubt you will find a parking spot anywhere large enough for a full size pick up in Germany.

As for credentials I doubt they will honor any non F.I.M. license especially something a decade plus old but try asking "willowracer845" on the WERA forum at http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=143950&highlight=racing+Germany+track+day as I know he raced in Germany (be patient as he may be on deployment at the moment).

Attachments

·
Life is too short to worry !
2,650 Posts
Dont forget to have a go at the old Nurburgring if you get a chance to make the journey.
You dont need anything but a road licence............not even leathers.
13 miles of sheer joy or terror , depending on your point of view at the time , but be careful as the locals know it like the back their hand and will leave 'vistors' for dead !
I realise its a bit far from your base and with the Alps (Alpine Passes) and Black Forest (B500 and too many other great routes to mention) on your doorstep you may never need a track any way.......Have Fun !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts