Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a day at New Jersey Motorsports Park, Thunderbolt track. Big F'ing wow. What a great track, I'm ready to sell the house and move to NJ. I haven't had that much fun since,....well never! I highly recommend going before the pristine surface is gone. Not a patch, bump, tar snake or piece of asphalt of out place.

I went to the California Superbike School. Great classroom and track instruction. I can't say enough about the experience. If you can run at this track do it, period.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I need a track bike, ASAP!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Just got back from a day at New Jersey Motorsports Park, Thunderbolt track. Big F'ing wow. What a great track, I'm ready to sell the house and move to NJ. I haven't had that much fun since,....well never! I highly recommend going before the pristine surface is gone. Not a patch, bump, tar snake or piece of asphalt of out place.

I went to the California Superbike School. Great classroom and track instruction. I can't say enough about the experience. If you can run at this track do it, period.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I need a track bike, ASAP!
I was there on my RC51 on Monday and Tuesday. I was in the yellow group.
What were you riding? What group were you in? I dropped 16 seconds from my lap times!:yeah: Keith Code is the man!:yeah:

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ADHD, I didn't know it was you but I saw you on the RC51. Nice job, that's a heavy machine to lug around Thunderbolt, especially turns 9 and 10.

I was in the green group riding a school bike, #21. Kristi was my track instructor, she was a big help. Keith and Dylan both did a great job in the classroom. The ZX6 was super easier to turn and the grip was outstanding. I thought it would take some time to get use to the ZX6 but after 2 corners it was like I'd been riding one for years.

That track is unbelievably good. I hope I'm not spoiled by such a good track.

I definitely want to go back in August for level 2. I think I'm hooked.:D

·
Registered
327 Posts
ADHD, I didn't know it was you but I saw you on the RC51. Nice job, that's a heavy machine to lug around Thunderbolt, especially turns 9 and 10.

I was in the green group riding a school bike, #21. Kristi was my track instructor, she was a big help. Keith and Dylan both did a great job in the classroom. The ZX6 was super easier to turn and the grip was outstanding. I thought it would take some time to get use to the ZX6 but after 2 corners it was like I'd been riding one for years.

I definitely want to go back in August for level 2. I think I'm hooked.:D
There were four RC51s on Monday and 3 on Tuesday but I had the classic Honda red & winning silver oem paint scheme. I enjoyed what I learned so much that I made my wife call Echo at CSS's main office and sign me up for levels 3 and 4 in August. I got the final spot before the waiting list in level 3! I introduced myself to the Hyper owner on Monday thinking it was you. He said that he hasn't posted here yet but he lurks!

Do you do track days? If yes, which club? I am going back to Thunderbolt next Saturday with Team Promotion.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Really? I heard that track was easy, not challenging at all. Which course were you on? Maybe I will give it a shot.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There were four RC51s on Monday and 3 on Tuesday but I had the classic Honda red & winning silver oem paint scheme. I enjoyed what I learned so much that I made my wife call Echo at CSS's main office and sign me up for levels 3 and 4 in August. I got the final spot before the waiting list in level 3! I introduced myself to the Hyper owner on Monday thinking it was you. He said that he hasn't posted here yet but he lurks!

Do you do track days? If yes, which club? I am going back to Thunderbolt next Saturday with Team Promotion.
I only noticed 2 RC51's but then again I wasn't looking for any. I introduced myself to the Hyper owner also. Nice guy and he lives close to NJMP, lucky guy.

I'll being making the trip to NJMP again soon, I'll let you know. I need to check if there are openings for the June Ducati club track day.

"Really? I heard that track was easy, not challenging at all. Which course were you on? Maybe I will give it a shot."

I guess it's a matter of experience, for me the track straightforward but not easy. There are two decreasing radius turns with slight elevation changes. And one blind turn over a crest with a chicane waiting. I guess it's at least interesting, not like Lime Rock but a lot of fun. Certainly a long ride from Derby.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
It is PARADISE, especially compared to Loudon, but I still want you to come up!

·
Registered
327 Posts
NY, what group were you in?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Green, Level 1. It was my first CSBS day so it was mandatory level 1. I'm planning on August 10 or 11 for level 2.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Green, Level 1. It was my first CSBS day so it was mandatory level 1. I'm planning on August 10 or 11 for level 2.
I'll be there for levels 3 and 4. Come by and say hello!

·
Registered
377 Posts
What do you guys figure the list of needs are to do this? I've never done a track day, nor do I have any gear for it. I'm trying to figure out what I would need to even think of starting. Any costs would be great too. TIA Tom

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I'll be there for levels 3 and 4. Come by and say hello!
What do you guys figure the list of needs are to do this? I've never done a track day, nor do I have any gear for it. I'm trying to figure out what I would need to even think of starting. Any costs would be great too. TIA Tom
Tom, JR and Tom2,

We should all plan a specific day(s) to go down together in August. I was thinking of taking Level 4 too.

Tom2 (aka Hypremotard)- If you don't have anything, and are still on the fence, Keith Code rents you everything. You can try on suits to get a feel, gloves, boots, back protectors (I'll assume you have a good helmet). You can call the school office at (323) 224-2734. They can give you all the details and exact costs. If you want to just go and ride the track without taking the school, let me know, there may be cornerworking availability still. You work the turns for 2 sessions and ride the 3rd all day plus a full open track for lunch hour.

Charlie

PS- More as an FYI- I finished the Hyper last night. It's all back together.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Tom, JR and Tom2,

We should all plan a specific day(s) to go down together in August. I was thinking of taking Level 4 too.

Tom2 (aka Hypremotard)- If you don't have anything, and are still on the fence, Keith Code rents you everything. You can try on suits to get a feel, gloves, boots, back protectors (I'll assume you have a good helmet). You can call the school office at (323) 224-2734. They can give you all the details and exact costs. If you want to just go and ride the track without taking the school, let me know, there may be cornerworking availability still. You work the turns for 2 sessions and ride the 3rd all day plus a full open track for lunch hour.

Charlie

PS- More as an FYI- I finished the Hyper last night. It's all back together.
I'm taking level 3 on Monday August 10 and level 4 on Tuesday, August 11.

I am glad you got the Hyper back together. Now let's set up a ride for a not-so-rainy weekend!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I'm taking level 3 on Monday August 10 and level 4 on Tuesday, August 11.

I am glad you got the Hyper back together. Now let's set up a ride for a not-so-rainy weekend!
I just signed up for Level 4 on Tueday, August 11 as well!

I will CW on Monday to "warm up".

Egg salad.........

·
Registered
327 Posts
I just signed up for Level 4 on Tueday, August 11 as well!

I will CW on Monday to "warm up".

Egg salad.........
I will see you there!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just signed up for Level 2 on August 11. Can't wait, so may be a track date before the school.

btw which Ducati would you use for a track bike?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts