Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's taken theirs to the track? What tires did you use? Any recommendations? I'm thinking of using up the stock ones but I want to have another set ready to go.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I did Sears Pt a few weeks back on the oem Diablo Corsa III tires and was very impressed with how they held up - even in 100* temps.

The tires had enough grip to grind down the edges of both pegs.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did Sears Pt a few weeks back on the oem Diablo Corsa III tires and was very impressed with how they held up - even in 100* temps.

The tires had enough grip to grind down the edges of both pegs.
Cool, thanks. How did the tire look afterwards. Would it last two track days and a 1 hr drive home, IYO?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yes you will have no issue doing two trackdays and the ride home on the Diablo Corsa III tires. Here are some pics of the two tires I used a few weeks ago....

Diablo Corsa III - roughly 140 track and 600 street miles. 1:54 pace at Sears Pt. Plenty of center and edge tread remaining.
StreetFighter S

Diablo Supercorsa - roughly 360 track miles. 1:50 pace at Sears Pt. Plenty of center tread but down to wear bars at edge.
1098S

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes you will have no issue doing two trackdays and the ride home on the Diablo Corsa III tires. Here are some pics of the two tires I used a few weeks ago....

Diablo Corsa III - roughly 140 track and 600 street miles. 1:54 pace at Sears Pt. Plenty of center and edge tread remaining.
StreetFighter S

Diablo Supercorsa - roughly 360 track miles. 1:50 pace at Sears Pt. Plenty of center tread but down to wear bars at edge.
1098S
Excellent, thank you! So the Streetfighter is 4 seconds down on the 1098 for you? What is the limiting factor for you on the SF? Do the different tires make a big difference? Are those the DOT race supercorsa's or OEM SP's?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Excellent, thank you! So the Streetfighter is 4 seconds down on the 1098 for you? What is the limiting factor for you on the SF? Do the different tires make a big difference? Are those the DOT race supercorsa's or OEM SP's?
1098 has a slipper clutch and the front end is more planted than the sf. But I think the biggest factor is the peg clearance and the heatshield getting in the way of my right foot. Put higher rearsets and with more seat time I bet the delta will be within a second or two.

Have fun at your trackday and be sure to post pics and your track impressions of the sf!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts