Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought some new perforated Dainese Laguna Seca leathers (kudos to Moto Wheels for great price, courtesy and speed of delivery!). I usually wear a long sleeve thin Underarmor top under my leathers. I plan to do a (hot) track day at Miller on Aug. 8th. Has anyone found it to be cooler with no underwear top, or is it better to wear a thin, whicking undershirt? They do have a liner of course. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Joe

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
If you don't plan on having to piss, then go without an under suit. I always wear an undersuit (Astars). Much Much easier to get a one piece on and off of shoulders to go potty. If it's hot out and your NOT peeing then you're not drinking enough water etc. and your judgement will soon become impaired due to lack of hydration. I also have a MAWAS but prefer the Alpinestars so far.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Any moisture wicking long sleeve and long pant will do...whether one or two piece. Definitely wear them. You'll never get your gear off without it...and you'll be much cooler. :)

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
IDK why pissing has to do with anything... I take my leathers off in between sessions.

Anyhow, I don't wear leathers w/o underarmor, especially in the summer, mainly because the last thing you wanna do is sweat in your leathers. Also, the underarmor wicks away any sweat. I wear a 3 piece getup. Football style sliding shorts with nice big butt pads, pants and long-sleeve shirt.

Few tricks I've learned over the last 2 years of track riding.

- Always take off your leathers in between sessions (learn how to do this quickly)
- Dunk your underarmor top in a bucket of ice water and then squeeze the water out, before putting it on and getting on your bike. This creates your own refrigeration unit as the hot air enters your suit from the perforations, it passes through the underarmor and when it its your body, it feels great! You don't wanna wear wet underarmor, but damp is totally fine.

Anyhow, living in Los Angeles and riding at some of the hottest tracks around, teaches you some tricks to be more comfortable.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
9,757 Posts
I never ride without an undersuit.

My reasoning:

1) If your suit fits properly (tight/close fitting without restricting motion) then it'll be impossible to take off and put on after you've sweat your ballzack off in it.

2) Your suit is going to stink like a fold in Rosie O'Donnel's belly even if the liner is removable and washable. Remember, leather will absorb your sweat. The salt in your sweat will also ruin the leather over time.

3) Your movement will be restricted within the suit if you don't have an undersuit on. I wear a custom fit 1 piece and when I wear it with an undersuit it feels as if I'm wearing nothing at all after a few minutes. I tried
pulling a Randy DePuniet once and riding without an undersuit and as soon as I started to sweat it felt like I was wearing a straight jacket.

**edit
PS: 2000th post! Watch out Chuckracer, here I come! :D

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
http://www.ducati-owners-group.c
2,008 Posts
Wear underarmour. Keep you very cool. I have an almost new UA suit I'll sell you cheap if it will fit.

5.9" to 6.1".

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Tye I've never seen anyone take their leathers off between sessions. Here in the NE we just wear them down around our waist off of our shoulders. Peeing at a track day is key.

·
Registered
205 Posts
When I lowsided, I was wearing underarmor. It melted into my skin due to the heat from the friction of sliding. the leather jacket didnt wear through, but the underarmor melted.:mad:

I wont wear it. I looked at some stuff at one of the sporting goods stores, but I could never find out if it was polypro.

anyway, YMMV

ETA these were taken a few days after. All the red spots are where The ER pulled out the melted underarmor:

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Tye I've never seen anyone take their leathers off between sessions. Here in the NE we just wear them down around our waist off of our shoulders. Peeing at a track day is key.
I use to keep my leathers on all the time, but I think it was another member here who suggested taking them off. WOW, what a difference it made to my over-all track experience. It aloud me to be comfortable and cool in between sessions. I'm also constantly tweaking the bike, so being a bit more flexible in between sessions has been handy for leather wear and fatigue.

Try it sometime!

Ohh and about the pissin' thing, yea of course ya gotta pee! But underarmor or leathers shouldn't effect that very much.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've always worn underarmor, I have no problem peeing with leathers on (the zipper goes down pretty far), and I take them off between sessions, unless it's really cool out. I was just curious about what people do when it's hot because I've never done a track day before when it was really hot out. I don't like seeing 88sporty's pictures:confused:, but I guess I'll take a chance and wear them anyway. Thanks for the offer Brian, but I already have a full set.
Joe

·
Registered
142 Posts
I always wear UA and I never thought about the melting problem. Could have done without the hairy belly pic but your point is well taken. Anyone know if the Alpinestars under gear will melt too?

·
Registered
849 Posts
I'm not sure how common the melting issue is. Regardless, I'm sure any polymer based material will have the same melting issue. I guess it's just the risk you take for keeping cool.

BTW, I picked up some UA Metal heat gear (shorts/shirt) that worked very well with the Laguna Seca suit at our last track day in Jennings (track temp 130+, in late June).

A hint to all of you looking for that stuff: go to Ross, TJ Maxx, or similar stores to get UA. You can get the shirts/shorts or whatever for about half the price you would pay at a sporting goods store.

·
Registered
19 Posts
For the track, I wear the under armour/dri fit clothing just cuz it's easier to get in/out of the suit and it dries quicker than cotton.

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
no under?

So, 88 do you wear cotton or nuttin? I wear compression UA tee and shorts but those pics give me pause. I thought about melt before but assumed it would finish the leather first :eek: Elbow looks painful.

How long have you Molon Labe? I thought mine was the only one.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I wear the same Nomex underwear I wear when racing cars. It wicks away moisture and will NOT melt when sliding on pavement. I haven't actually tested the "melting" part, but it's good to 1500 degrees for 15 seconds. Hopefully I won't get it so wrong that my slide lasts over 15 seconds.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts