Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It has been quite the ride the last few weeks, starting with presumed alternator problems that really were just a nasty clogged fuel filter. New FCR's got stuck onto the bike today, only about 5 miles running on them before it was loaded on the trailer. Tomorrow should be very interesting.

New Motion Pro2 throttle twisting a bike that's no longer down 20HP+ from the fuel delivery problem, newly baked FCR's right out of the UPS box with no time for dyno work, running a 3.8 mile track of 43 turns with an 1800 foot elevation change.

At least the Dunlops are good and they are serving lunch. Better get some rest now, wish me luck!

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Hope you've got a box of jets... ;)

Sounds like a fun track - you should enjoy the FCR's if you don't have too many teething troubles with them!

·
Premium Member
4,278 Posts
Out of the box they will often run they just are not tuned. If the bike has a ton of mods to the intake or exhaust then it can change quite a bit. The worst can be ported bikes as the fueling can need to be leaner . I just had to change needles on an 800 motor I built and it was based on what the bikes needs were, it is about what your bike wants not what some of us have used.

I hope you had a great day at the track the bike should be great fun with the FCR's , next up suspension,wheels or 944? I would start with suspension then wheels then 944.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great time at the track, mid 70's F with a slight breeze all day and clear skies. Carbs did their job, much improvement in delivering power both at the bottom end and up top. 135 mph at the end of the straight, up from 120 mph last time. I am going to put in one of the other MotionPro2 wheels in the throttle, did not really like the progressive orange one - too much like an on/off switch at the higher rpms which kept pulling the front wheel into the air coming out corners.

Oh, I don't really know if it needs much more improvement, new oil for the front forks is on the schedule since I don't know how long it has been on there. New brake pads, they got a real workout at the track this time.

It has been bored out I think. Going to have to measure it someday.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wondered about that too! And their website doesn't get updated often, so part of the numbers were not up to date since they added more early last year. My GPS app, (Trackmaster) said the course laid out that day was 2.8, including both optional chicanes, but they left out the first series of turns after the straight. 200 feet sounds about right from the lowest part of the track to the highest, but you go up and down that distance 10 times, so,.... Anyway, the track was designed to be challenging, all the trickiest parts of racetracks from around the world are duplicated there.

Other than the front straight, the supersport hung with every type of bike there. Even scrapped the exhaust twice!

·
Premium Member
4,278 Posts
Rockaz
If you are changing fork oil at least drop in some straight rate springs in the front for your weight. It is well worth the money for track use and you will like the results.

On the big bore kit question look to see if your pistons are domed or flat on top. OEM pistons are flat and either hi-comps or big bore are domed a good 1/4 inch.

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Rockaz
If you are changing fork oil at least drop in some straight rate springs in the front for your weight. It is well worth the money for track use and you will like the results.
A big +1 on that. Well worth the money (and not that expensive) - particularly if you have the forks apart to do the oil (which is also well worth doing) anyway. Be warned - you'll then want to lift the rear a bit to match the front sitting higher... But then, if you're going to be doing track days - a decent rear shock will be a nice treat too! ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts