Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody going to Buttonwillow with The Track Club?

http://www.thetrackclub.com/index.php

I'm thinking about taking my Hyper there either on Saturday Nov 14th or Sunday Nov 15th. Anybody booked a track day yet?

It'd be more fun if there were some other friends on their Hypers!

Francesco

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Anybody going to Buttonwillow with The Track Club?

http://www.thetrackclub.com/index.php

I'm thinking about taking my Hyper there either on Saturday Nov 14th or Sunday Nov 15th. Anybody booked a track day yet?

It'd be more fun if there were some other friends on their Hypers!

Francesco
ciao minchia ...

you know, we get a discount on track club track days ... i set this up with mark duncan (owner of the track club). call me later, and i will introduce you to mark.

if you end up doing a button willow track day with mark's group, let me know ... i might join you.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ciao minchia ...

you know, we get a discount on track club track days ... i set this up with mark duncan (owner of the track club). call me later, and i will introduce you to mark.

if you end up doing a button willow track day with mark's group, let me know ... i might join you.
Thanks dude,

but I already got a certificate...

So... are you going to join us?

Francesco

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Thanks dude,

but I already got a certificate...

So... are you going to join us?

Francesco
sure ... you let me use the certificate, and i will join you :rolleyes:

seriously ... if the weather is ok, i will do the track day with you. are you going to rent a trailer again?

oh, and no sound restrictions @ button willow (the gophers don't mind the noise) ... so i guess we will be putting your termi slip-ons back on after laguna?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I think that I might be up for this, been on that track many a time in porches and lotus' but still rather new to street bikes, might be a really good transition for me...

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
A few of us were planning on the Streets of Willow Nov 21 or 22 (weekend!) so we could haunt Doug Polen as he will be there with his 1-on-1 riding school. I'd like to follow him a couple of laps to learn the lines since I obviously don't know my way around there:rolleyes:. But maybe we'll have to do Buttonwillow if there will be a gang of retarded clowns from up north!:eek:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A few of us were planning on the Streets of Willow Nov 21 or 22 (weekend!) so we could haunt Doug Polen as he will be there with his 1-on-1 riding school. I'd like to follow him a couple of laps to learn the lines since I obviously don't know my way around there:rolleyes:. But maybe we'll have to do Buttonwillow if there will be a gang of retarded clowns from up north!:eek:

Hey Todd, it turns our that I have a certificate for a lesson with Dough Polen too (thanks to a raffle at La Ducati Day)!

Streets of Willow again uh? Very tempting, despite the long drive...

Francesco

·
Registered
545 Posts
:D Unless you're Ruben Xaus, you won't be keeping Doug Polen in sight long enough to learn the track.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Yah but I can probably keep up with his student that he'll be toting around the track:sleep: Doug can't leave him/her behind and still expect to get paid:D

:D Unless you're Ruben Xaus, you won't be keeping Doug Polen in sight long enough to learn the track.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
So Alex and I were talking and we may join you at Buttonwillow if John C is going too. The more friends the more fun!! I assume John can get us the good guy deal too!!!!!!

Let us know what's up!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So Alex and I were talking and we may join you at Buttonwillow if John C is going too. The more friends the more fun!! I assume John can get us the good guy deal too!!!!!!

Let us know what's up!

Todd, Alex, that'd be great!

Let's talk about it next Tuesday at Laguna Seca!

Francesco

·
Registered
3,070 Posts

Let us know what's up!
ciao a tutti -

yes ... anyone in the hypertard community can get a discount @ any of the track club's track days ... when you sign up for your track day on the track club's web site, simply advise mark (the owner) that you are a hypermotard owner and you will be tracking your hypertard.

http://www.thetrackclub.com

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
But are you coming to play???

ciao a tutti -

yes ... anyone in the hypertard community can get a discount @ any of the track club's track days ... when you sign up for your track day on the track club's web site, simply advise mark (the owner) that you are a hypermotard owner and you will be tracking your hypertard.

http://www.thetrackclub.com

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
update on hypertard owner discounts for any track club track day ... the discount code is "hypertard". use this code when registering for any track club track day.

ciao,
johnc

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
prego alex -

did you get that oil leak on the primary cover of your hypertard fixed yesterday?
No, but I got it slowed down enough to finish the day, a funny thing though, my Lft plastic footpeg pad would get oily and sometimes my foot would slide off!
once at the end of the long straightaway, redlining 5th gear I went to shift into 6th gear and my foot slipped off and DOWNSHIFTED into 4th while at REDLINE in 5th!:eek::eek: thank GOD I had a slipper clutch! Aloha Alex

1 - 20 of 251 Posts