Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a power commander for my bike. Plan on installing it this weekend. I am not sure on the TPS. Can some send a pic or tell me exactly where it is. Any other info on installing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Ed

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
Nothing personal but if you can't find the TPS I think I would take it to a mechanic. Installing the PC is only part of the job, to do it right you need some dyno time.
It might be better and cheaper in the long run to sell the PC and buy a DP ECU.

·
7,733 Posts
Picked up a power commander for my bike. Plan on installing it this weekend. I am not sure on the TPS. Can some send a pic or tell me exactly where it is. Any other info on installing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Ed
Left side of the TB assembly. Black, rounded cover, with a electrical connection/boot on the bottom end.

Here's is a link only to show you a pic. I don't know how relavent the article details are to you:

BikeBoy.org - Ducati 4V Desmoquattro Non Linear TPS Baseline Adjustment (plus ST3)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nothing personal but if you can't find the TPS I think I would take it to a mechanic. Installing the PC is only part of the job, to do it right you need some dyno time.
It is going to the shop to be Dyno Jus trying to save some time. As to selling it there is no plan. Have a DP ECU already and te bike is running lean So I do need it to properly map the bike.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Basically, it's the opposite side of where the throttle cable is connected. It measures THROTTLE POSITION, so it's on the shaft where the FI throttle plates are ...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like to thank all for the helpful info. Did install my power commander yesterday. Oh I had listen to jduke I guess I would never learn anything about my bike!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
Good job Bandited, I bow to your skills. I've seen too many horror stories when someone jumps in over their head. When you asked where is the TPS I thought we were about to see another....
It was nothing personal, just a word of caution.
Good luck!

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good job Bandited, I bow to your skills. I've seen too many horror stories when someone jumps in over their head. When you asked where is the TPS I thought we were about to see another....
It was nothing personal, just a word of caution.
Good luck!

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App
Thank you. It has been a learning experience!!

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Congrats on the install!
And you've probably read the directions on functionality. If you load a "zero map", it's the same as the map that's in the ECU. The PCIII doesn't add or subtract any fuel.

So if you want to start somewhere, you could load one of the maps in the sticky area, to give you "something" different than a zero map. But, ultimately, a dyno-tuned PCIII is the thing to have for your machine.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats on the install!
And you've probably read the directions on functionality. If you load a "zero map", it's the same as the map that's in the ECU. The PCIII doesn't add or subtract any fuel.

So if you want to start somewhere, you could load one of the maps in the sticky area, to give you "something" different than a zero map. But, ultimately, a dyno-tuned PCIII is the thing to have for your machine.
It is going in on Friday to be Dyno. Thank you all for your help.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Will you please post before and after dynos here.
I have been contemplating doing the same thing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts