Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started here in the ST forums when I had my ST3. Now I am back and in the market for another and I have been impressed with your knowledge of ECU issues. I hope that I do offened anyone with my Monster question. The motor and the ECU is the same as a ST4S so here it goes:

After having the ECU re-flashed on my 06 S4R (996 motor) the bike is surging a little at constant low RPM’s and it is backfiring/popping on decell. The bike never did this on the stock map even with the full Zard system: it runs great when out on the road and in the twistys. I have had the TPS reset and the fuel trim done. The dealer who did the re-flash said that I had to set the TPS manually to get rid of the issues. I have searched high and low on setting the TPS manually and I have found that it can be done and that it cannot be done. Is setting the TPS manually possible or should I return the ECU and have the dealer put a stock map back on the ECU?

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
Visit this site ducatidiag :: Connexion and read up on what it can and can't do. I know you can reset the TPS using this software because I've done that.
Order your cables from Bob92 (search this thread for his contact). He'll have them to you in a matter of days and they work.

·
Mr Leakered
8,815 Posts
The ST4s uses a 5.9m ECU. The TPS is reset in the ECU only. You can move the TPS sensor around to do the same, but with the link jduke posted, why guess about it when you can get some great diagnostics software for free?

It could be a TPS reset or the EFI needs setup, balanced, and trimmed. It is a relatively easy task if you have a multimeter, vacuum gauges or simply oil filled tube, and a either a gastester or just the feel of the bike on the road.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bob's cables are on there way. We will see what I can do that my dealer could not. I think that if the truth was to be known is that the trim was set at the too lean factory spec and not at what a bike with a full exhaust system should be running.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts