Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

OK, so I've bought the relevant cables and connected them and downloaded IAWDiag and got the laptop talking to my bike - hurray!

However, I don't have any instructions how to reset the TPS, which is the reason I bought the kit. I have really tried, and only have limited time available to experiment (and i really don't want to screw anything up).

Can anyone advise what to do, preferably with some pics?

Spin

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hm1100s fyi

·
Registered
60 Posts
when it works as older Ducatidiag (same guy), you should click on test/reset in upper menu bar, and on the next page which opens you click on the large TPS RESET button.
not too complicated :smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ferdi,

but IAWDiag presents a different screen to DucatiDiag (I think).

Attached is a screenshot of the IAWDiag screen I have. I am trying to get from this screen to the screen that gives me the access to reset the TPS.

Attachments

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Hypermo. All looking promising now.

I did try YouTube searches and Googling for TPS reset with IAWDiag and variations thereof without any joy, it seems I just missed the correct search format :rolleyes:.

Spin

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, I am beginning to get a little paranoid here!

I've attached screenshots for the GuzziDiag Actors screen (in red) and the IAWDiag Actors screen (in blue).

The IAWDiag Actors screen does not provide the option "TPS reset". This is how far I got last time.

Hypermo - any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
You could just use Guzzi Diag I dont use IAWDiag
but I did D/L it and you cant get to the actors
screen w/o being connected to the ECU. So until
I could get to the bike undo the covers and connect
everything I cant look at it. Since you have a nice
tutorial on GuzziDiag you might want to just use
it?
GuzziDiag / IAWDiag

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, Jduke of this forum pointed me in the direction of GuzziDiag/IAWDiag and very specifically advised IAWDiag V0.47 for the HM1100S. I've been working on the basis that there is a reason for this (GuzziDiag for Guzzis?), but if you reckon GuzziDiag is just as suitable for my bike I shall give it a try.

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
I've heard the main difference is with GuzziDiag you have to know what ECU you have and what Guzzi model has the same ECU and select that bike.
With the IAWDiag, you don't have to know what Guzzi has the ECU you need to connect to.
I do know some of the Actor's aren't available until you are actually connected to the bike.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. I've located a list of Guzzi ECU applications and will download GuzziDiaqg and give it a go.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well that seemed to work.

However, the throttle response is noticeably more abrupt now that I have reset it. In fact if I had to choose, I'd say I preferred it at the previous throttle value (5.5, I think).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I appreciate this thread is a few years old now but the following is definitely relevant.

Don't mess around with the TPS, just because there are tools to do so does not mean you should unless your 100% informed and have done all the relevant research.

First of all, TPS should ever only be reset when the TPS unit on the throttle bodies has been replaced or readjusted. Why? TPS values are determined by your TPS unit which my be either linear or non-linear and this is determined by the model of TPS unit, do you know yours?

Also, updating requires software drivers and configuration which requires correct selection of protocols in IAWdiag/Guzzidiag, this is barely covered in their documentation. Flashing a linear update to a non-linear TPS will greatly affect performance/fuel mapping etc.

Use anything in IAWdiag but don't play with the TPS unless you actually understand what changes you making and how they are being made.

Just my two cents worth...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts