Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
If they charge you more than a half hour labor you're getting ripped off. The TPS is adjusted electronicaly on our bikes and aside from double chacking the throttle stops, it takes no more than 5 minutes to reset it with the software.

There is a longer procedure to properly tune the bike, sync throttle bodies, adjust the air bleed screws, etc., at which time the TPS reset should be done as well. That would obviously take more shop time. Just depends what you're trying to accomplish.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dietrich...

I was running a set of Termis with the stock ECU and the Fat Duc and it ran pretty well but now I installed a DP ECU from a Hyper and the bike runs even better pulling hard and a lot smother....I just don't know if the TPS needs to be set now with the new DP ECU.

The bike is going into the dealer tomorrow for the new tank so I was just wondering on the time/labor involved to do this. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I would definitely have them reset it with an ECU swap. The ECU stores the last setting, so it's a crap shoot if it's close for your throttle position. If it's running well it should just be a simple reset. I check mine and my friends all the time with the VDST software/adaptor kit. Seriously takes just a couple minutes, and if it's off resetting it can really help throttle response and especially low speed running.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Yea I just had Termi's put on my new GT. they fine tuned it and put it on a dyno. I'm getting 81.75 hp @ about 8k rpm I'm pretty psyched:

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I forgot to mention it was over $300.00 for the total installation and dyno. I don't have Dietrich's knowledge, or tools so for me it's worth letting them make sure it's right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts