Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I'm finally getting my SPORT-tour ST4s near completion and before I pack it down to get the dyno-tuning done, was wondering if anyone had any knowledge or experience with the TPO velocity stacks.
They look nice, although they will be hidden beneath the K&N, and the extra length does make sense for a little more torque and wider power band.
I'm just thinking $250 is steep for well-hidden bling, if that's all they amount to. But, if they really do have something to offer, I would hate to get everything set-up and then find out that I should have considered them.
The heads have been fully breathed-on by Guy Martin of MBP, with larger valves, porting, etc. and the engine has hi-comp Pistals with head-cylinder mating by Mark Sutter of the Ducshop.
Any info or suspicions, pro or con, would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Stacks

Guido,I don't have any info-in fact I didn't know these were even available for our ST4s's.I would be interested to see how they work on my ST ,a 2004 only mod being DP full kit.Please keep us posted on your results.I am so curious to see what you get after dyno-tuning.Did you get any crankshaft work done?What do you expect as far as reliability is concerned?Thanks for sharing!Jim.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
crank work

Hello, Jim
Only crank work was to rebalance to match the new rods/pistons, then honing.
Ducshop did a full balance/blueprint job on it, re-shimming and stuff.
It had 30K+ miles, so it was probably time.

I found some encouraging old threads on the stacks, so I reckon I'll give 'em a shot. Maybe a bit louder, but docile is not really what I'm after with this one, anyway...Trying to keep up with those pesky 999's (and now 1098's!!!!) on Sunday morning DOC rides.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Guido, where do you take your Ducs in the Houston area. I have been looking for reputable shop that is not a dealer also.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Duc service?

Hello
I've had really good service from Metric Motorcycles on the N. Loop.
He's an Ohlins/RaceTech suspension guy, has a dyno and machine shop, and if you bring the parts with you that you think you'll need (he's not a dealer with a parts dept.) he's really fast turnaround.
Has a factory trained Ducati tech working there, too.
I'm gonna get him (Andy) to map my PC III on the new engine. I'd like to get him to map my FIM ECU's, but I'll take it one step at a time....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts