Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone up for a UK tour to Europe or Scotland. Maybe a 5 day job around a weekend?

·
Premium Member
6,911 Posts
Anyone up for a UK tour to Europe or Scotland. Maybe a 5 day job around a weekend?
Cool idea Johnny, wish I could partake, but obviously not possible. Please document the trip & good luck herding the cats?
Hope my friend Colin ST can join you.

Craig

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Managed to nip up to the highlands of Scotland this weekend with good weather !!

Anycase - any takers on this PM me

·
Life is too short to worry !
2,650 Posts
John

Only just reading this but if you find your way to the East Coast then give me a bell and we can try and meet up.

Perhaps Tim could come down from the Shetlands to coincide with his bike getting serviced in Glasgow...

Or tie in with a Ducati Up-North/Scottish Ducati Club weekend ?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
John

Only just reading this but if you find your way to the East Coast then give me a bell and we can try and meet up.

Perhaps Tim could come down from the Shetlands to coincide with his bike getting serviced in Glasgow...

Or tie in with a Ducati Up-North/Scottish Ducati Club weekend ?
OK will do. We tend to keep to the west but we could slip over the East by all means

Cheers
John

·
2,650 Posts
OK will do. We tend to keep to the west but we could slip over the East by all means

Cheers
John
The Scottish Ducati Club held a recent weekend get-together at the Spittal of Glenshee which has some fantastic roads leading up from Perth on to Braemar and Deeside.

If you have never been over this way then its worth putting on the agenda for discussion , we also have some of the best Castles to visit in Scotalnd.

·
2,650 Posts
Johnny - We are already committed but if you are heading to the eiffel region then take a look at the Hotel Panorama in Cochem ... Its a nice hotel , with indoor pool , a short ride from the ring and a nice town to base from.
The local roads are as good as the Black Forest and it is only a days ride from the coast (about 250-270 mls from memory)
Sure you will have a great time and forget to post back some piccies...

·
Registered
168 Posts
I used to do that and then decided that it was such fin that I never went back to the UK. Now lived in the Dordogne for over 10 years. Let me know if you are in this area.
First week in June we have some Irish and some Aussie bikers staying in the area and as per normal we will be taking them around the local area showing them the best roads and the best places to eat.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I used to do that and then decided that it was such fin that I never went back to the UK. Now lived in the Dordogne for over 10 years. Let me know if you are in this area.
First week in June we have some Irish and some Aussie bikers staying in the area and as per normal we will be taking them around the local area showing them the best roads and the best places to eat.
Thanks Bob, I must say I am tempted to stay. I shall have a look at the Dordogne and check my plans

Reagrds
John

1 - 13 of 13 Posts