Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm touring with my Tard and want a saddlebag mount and larger windscreen. My researcher has led me to believe that the lower bracket, 83017461A is what I need for my bags.

For a larger windscreen, it seems the The Puig Hyperstrada touring windscreen isn't indicated as compatible with a motard but the OEM tall touring windscreen is. If the OEM touring windscreen does fit, it stands to reason the Puig would. I'm on the fence with which one to order. I do realize that the Strada bracket is needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
I use an MRA screen with a foil (you can pick these up for about $30 on amazon) - not sure if the MRa is any better than the stock screen, but the foil is a game changer. The air is smooth with no buffeting. I mounted it parralel with the screen and split in height above and below it. The idea that a tall screen will block a lot of wind is, I think, the wrong direction - I think you just shift the buffeting upwards a little. I'm cruising easy at 90mph now with no head or handlebar shake.

The mount you show is needed if you are mounting the standard bags, but you also need the grab rail as it it includes the third mount location. There are also rackless bags out there - Tusk , Mosko and G&L come to mind. All you'd need is a rear rack. I like the strada bags though - but then again, I have a strada so it all came in one big box.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I have the SWMotech Blaze bags and mounts. They are made specifically for the bike and come off almost completely when you are not using them within a minute.

Dave

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use an MRA screen with a foil (you can pick these up for about $30 on amazon) - not sure if the MRa is any better than the stock screen, but the foil is a game changer. The air is smooth with no buffeting. I mounted it parralel with the screen and split in height above and below it. The idea that a tall screen will block a lot of wind is, I think, the wrong direction - I think you just shift the buffeting upwards a little. I'm cruising easy at 90mph now with no head or handlebar shake.

The mount you show is needed if you are mounting the standard bags, but you also need the grab rail as it it includes the third mount location. There are also rackless bags out there - Tusk , Mosko and G&L come to mind. All you'd need is a rear rack. I like the strada bags though - but then again, I have a strada so it all came in one big box.

I've never considered this and it makes sense as a deflector may keep the area behind the windscreen from having a low pressure which could result in a wobble. I just bought an OEM and tall windscreen so I'm going to try them both out. Thanks for the insight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts